Author Topic: O'Beirne - Hopkins, Roscommon (Mid 1800)  (Read 6201 times)

Offline Patio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
O'Beirne - Hopkins, Roscommon (Mid 1800)
« on: Friday 27 May 05 15:11 BST (UK) »
Recently received the death certificate for my GGrandfather, Patrick F. O'Beirne (b. 1849, Roscommon).  It lists his parents as being Patrick O'Beirne and Mary Hopkins.  Other children that I know of were Charles O'Beirne, b. unknown date, Roscommon, d. 1924 in Denver, Co., Bridget O'Beirne b. 1853, Roscommon, d. approx 1910 in Ireland, and though I have not yet verified, John O'Beirne b. unknown date, Roscommon, d. unknown date in Illinois somewhere around Spring Valley.  I've checked just about everything I have found and can't find any information.  The 1901 census info is a bit too late in history for these folks.  If anyone knows of a connection or can point me to a good reference place, please do.  Appreciate it.  Patty
O'Beirne & Hopkins, Roscommon - Healy or Healey, Ireland, part unknown - Fitzsimmons or Fitzsimons possibly Graiguenamanagh in Kilkenny.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: O'Beirne - Hopkins, Roscommon (Mid 1800)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patty

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Patio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 March 06 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Sorry.  Nothing new.  Always looking.  Thanks for asking.

Patty O'
O'Beirne & Hopkins, Roscommon - Healy or Healey, Ireland, part unknown - Fitzsimmons or Fitzsimons possibly Graiguenamanagh in Kilkenny.

Offline Leonore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 March 07 05:04 GMT (UK) »
Recently received the death certificate for my GGrandfather, Patrick F. O'Beirne (b. 1849, Roscommon).  It lists his parents as being Patrick O'Beirne and Mary Hopkins.  Other children that I know of were Charles O'Beirne, b. unknown date, Roscommon, d. 1924 in Denver, Co., Bridget O'Beirne b. 1853, Roscommon, d. approx 1910 in Ireland, and though I have not yet verified, John O'Beirne b. unknown date, Roscommon, d. unknown date in Illinois somewhere around Spring Valley.  I've checked just about everything I have found and can't find any information.  The 1901 census info is a bit too late in history for these folks.  If anyone knows of a connection or can point me to a good reference place, please do.  Appreciate it.  Patty

Offline Leonore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 March 07 05:11 GMT (UK) »
John would be my great grandfather, too.  He died in Spring Valley, IL.  around 1923?  I need to get out the genealogy info.  One of his great grandchildren is also a third generation (or more?) namesake: "Jack" O'Beirne, who is an alderman for Peru, IL (nearby Spring Valley).

I'm the granddaughter of John's youngest daughter, Leonore, who married Britton Anderson and moved to Hollywood, CA.  They had one daughter, Kathleen, deceased 1984.  Kathleen married Robert Seward (deceased 1989) and they had three daughters: Leonore, Loretta, and Kathleen.

I would love to learn more about John's father, Patrick.  I got precious copies of letters that Patrick wrote John.

There is also a nephew, last name, Devlin, (cousin?) to my great-grandfather, who co-owned one of the Spring Valley mines.  My great-grandfather was a foreman and according to my grandmother died of black lung disease.

Thank you,
Leonore Schuetz

Offline Patio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 March 07 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Leonore!  Ta-Da!   I've tried to attach a newspaper clipping from the Denver Journal with information regarding the death of Charles O'Beirne.  Charles would be a brother to Patrick and I believe your John.  Please write back as I would love to send you a CD with as much info as I have to date and would really like if you could fill me in on some things.  I have some photos that I'm sure are of your Great Grandfather.  I know we have a lot to share.  I'm not sure what the rules of this message board are and I don't want to do anything wrong but here is my email address - (*) - Please write me ASAP! 

Pat O'Beirne

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline woad

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 November 09 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Leonore,

I am the grandson of your great grandfather's sister Kathleen.  She married Leonard Kruspe.  Their only son, Leonard Robert Kruspe was my father.  They both died in 1969.  Their grave site is in Hillside, IL.  My father left us when I was 5, never to be seen again.  Turned out he died in 1994 in Tampa Florida.  My mother remarried when I was 10 and my step dad adopted me, hence the different name.  I am currently searching for more information on the O'Beirne's.  So far i have only found my great grandparents (your great great grandparents), John and Mary(no idea what her maiden name is) and all of their children.  Exciting stuff!

Hi Patty ;-)

Eric Roberts

Offline ambyrne1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 November 09 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Do you know what part of Roscommon the O'Beirne's were from?
Wilson: Kirkoswald, Scotland and Dublin
Breen: Hendrick Street, Brunswick Street,Dublin
Moore: Kildare and Dublin
lyons: Hendrick Street and Brunswick Street,Dublin
Donnelly: Marrowbone lane, Braithwaite street, Dublin
Byrne: Mercer Street, Dublin
Mills: Dublin, Wicklow
Higgins: Dublin
Gray: Aryshire, Scotland
Mills King, Wicklow and Dublin
Donegan, St Catherines Parish, Dublin
Murphy: Enniscorthy and Ballybanoge, Wexford