Author Topic: WILTSHIRE family Launceston Tasmania  (Read 4142 times)

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WILTSHIRE family Launceston Tasmania
« on: Thursday 20 September 12 09:32 BST (UK) »
Searching for any information on WILTSHIRE Elizabeth 8-1-1866,
Wiltshire Elijah 12-2-1869,  Wiltshire Frederick 12-9-1875-- 1908,  Wiltshire Thomas Abraham 27-8-1881, all born Launceston tasmania, Father Abraham 1823-1900,  Mother Emily Jane Rose 1846-1886. Would be grateful for any help    Rainybell
Rooney/ Shaw/nevin/ wiltshire/ rose / welsh/ muldoon/ McIlwraith/ sims/ palmer/ fraser/

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Wiltshire family Launceston Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 September 12 11:53 BST (UK) »
Some snippets on trove about Elijah Wiltshire
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?sortby=dateAsc&q=%22elijah+wiltshire%22~2

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 September 12 12:08 BST (UK) »
Emily's death and funeral notice
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/cite/2935815/39511699

Abraham's death notice
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article35359727

A snippet about Thomas Abraham Wiltshire drinking to excess
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article12296250

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline johngirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Dad and his cousins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 September 12 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainybell

There are two burials at the Carr Villa Cemetery Launceston.

Elijah Wiltshire buried 22/3/1940 aged 71

Frederick Wiltshire buried 12/04/1908 aged 32

Link below for the Carr Villa Cemetery burial search

http://www.launceston.tas.gov.au/lcc/?c=30

Johngirl

JOHN- Pembrokeshire Wales.  FREEMAN -England?
MEDLICOT -Monmouthshire Wales.
ISAAC -Gloucestershire and Liverpool.[Toxteth Park] SNOW- England .Convict. FRAZER- England.Convict.
DEAL -Ireland .Convict.
KEMP -Saint Mary Cray Kent.Eynsford Wilmington England.Convict.
BLACKBERRY -Whitechapel .Convict. CONDON -alias
DUFFY-Brighton England. Convict.
BANTICK -Ixworth Sussex England. Convict.
JONES England????[George]Convict.
ROSE-England. Convict.
All came to Tas

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 September 12 01:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Ros and Johngirl, Elijah sure had problems with drink and his fists didn't he, his dad Abraham also had the same problem, he was sent out as a convict, and Elijah's G father died in jail, so not a good record. Johngirl I see you have a Rose convict, we have a joseph Rose convict transported 1836, any connection. Thank you once again for your help  Ranybell
Rooney/ Shaw/nevin/ wiltshire/ rose / welsh/ muldoon/ McIlwraith/ sims/ palmer/ fraser/

Offline johngirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 September 12 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainybell,

My husband`s G Grandfather James Rose according to the Colonial Tasmanian Family Links was the son of Maria Price born 1856 Launceston.

http://portal.archives.tas.gov.au/menu.aspx?detail=1&type=P&id=438989

Joseph Rose father to your Emily Rose remarried a Maria Price in 1856 after the death of his first wife Mary Ann Welsh in 1853.

Also you will see that on the link I gave you that James Rose married Mary Greenwood in the Greenponds District which is down the southern end of Tasmania.

To establish if my husband`s G Grandfather was the James Rose that married Mary Greenwood I viewed the marraige certificate but that didn`t give me his parents name  ::) but an elderly Aunt who is still alive confirmed that her Grandfather James Rose was married to Mary Jane Greenwood.They lived in a cottage called Greenwood Cottage at Dysart just up the road from where I live and my husbands Aunt can remember James well.( he was a grumpy old person apparently ;D  )James Rose died in 1934 aged 75 and Mary Jane Rose died in 1928.
I have James Rose`s death certificate but according to that it says he was born at Apsley which is also in the Greenponds area not Launceston and his age at death has him born in 1859 not 1856 as per the Colonial Tasmanian Index so you see I have no idea if my husbands G Grandfather is related to your Rose family  ;D
Also on the TPI it has this James Rose was born 26/08/1856 and the father as Joseph Rose but the mother is Adelaide Price not Maria. ???
I have now come to a standstill with my Rose research. :'(
I do know that they sometimes used different names and also their ages didn`t always add up between birth,marraige and death certificates and also the informant of the death of my husband`s G Grandfather James Rose may have just assumed he was born at Apsley..who knows ???

P.S I did find somewhere that an Adelaide Rose was deserted by her husband Joseph Rose who had done a runner to Melboure Victoria.I think I found that information at the Archives but as I`m not sure if Joseph and Adelaide are anything to do with out Rose family I didn`t write the source down. :-[

Johngirl

ISAAC -Gloucestershire and Liverpool.[Toxteth Park] SNOW- England .Convict. FRAZER- England.Convict.
DEAL -Ireland .Convict.
ROSE-England. Convict.
All came to Tas

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 September 12 05:58 BST (UK) »
Johngirl, how do I send a p.m. cheers rainybell

Offline johngirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 September 12 07:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainybell,

Click onto my username (johngirl)which is on the top left hand corner in my post and it will take you to my profile where there is a section where you can click onto to PM me. :)

Johngirl
DEAL -Ireland .Convict.
ROSE-England. Convict.
All came to Tas

Offline smallishbonnnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 02:27 GMT (UK) »
Dear Sir/Madam,

These people are in my family tree, just wondering are they in your family tree. My grandmother is Ada L.G. Palmer along with her brother and her parents:

I have the marriage certificate of my grandparents, as well as my aunty Irene. Grandmother Ada Louise Georgiana Palmer born: Dec 1872, Bengal India. Christened: 17/12/1872 Bengal India and died 6/6/1903 Bombay India.

Ada's brother [my uncle] Nicholas Theodore Henry Palmer born: May 1866 Belgaum, Maharashtra India and Christened: 1866 Belgaum, Maharashtra India. I am not sure when Nicholas Theodore Henry Palmer married and to who? This is my grandmother's Ada parents Mary Ann Edgerton; she married Nicholas Palmer in India.

Many Thanks
Lesley