Author Topic: Hendry/Henry McCallum and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Dowds - birth/marriage look up plea  (Read 1530 times)

Offline MasterHatter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hendry/Henry McCallum and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Dowds were born in Cushendall, County Antrim circa 1841 and 1855 respectively (by family word of mouth).  They married and then moved temporarily to Coatbridge Lanarkshire, Scotland around 1877.  Having  John (1877) and Alex (1879) there.  They then returned to Ireland, where their oldest daughter Mary was born in Ballymoney, Antrim, with Jane b 1883 and Agnes b 1888, both in Cushendall.  This is the only line of my family where I have made no progress in 15 years.  Any help to identify Henry and Lizzie would be really greatly appreciated.

MH

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry/Henry McCallum and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Dowds - birth/marriage look up plea
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 September 12 23:29 BST (UK) »
When and where did Henry & Elizabeth marry? if in Ireland the certificate will show father's names & occupations as well as where bride and groom were living at the time.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry/Henry McCallum and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Dowds - birth/marriage look up plea
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 September 12 04:40 BST (UK) »

They may have returned from Coatbridge in 1879 after having Alex, familysearch shows a Mary born to Henry McCollum and Elizabeth Doud in September of that year in the Ballymoney area.

Online gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 September 12 04:54 BST (UK) »

Elizabeth Douds married Henry McCollum in Loughguile (St Patricks) RC church up Ballymoney direction in 1873.  She was from the townland of Tully (either North or South), he was from Shelton (North or South).

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 September 12 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    Unfortunately the fathers' names appear to be missing.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 September 12 08:59 BST (UK) »

They may have returned from Coatbridge in 1879 after having Alex, familysearch shows a Mary born to Henry McCollum and Elizabeth Doud in September of that year in the Ballymoney area.

H... and Alex (1879) there.  They then returned to Ireland, where their oldest daughter Mary was born in Ballymoney, Antrim ...
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MasterHatter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 September 12 21:04 BST (UK) »
Gaffy/All

Cannot thank you enough for your help.   Now I have a lead - finally.

I'll report back if I find out anything further.

Best

MH