Author Topic: 1851 Look Up Please  (Read 5260 times)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Look Up Please
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 September 12 11:56 BST (UK) »

Not sure about this one....

Marriage Register
St Nicholas Deptford
Greenwich
24th Dec 1872

John STANFORD of full age Bachelor Labourer of this Parish Father = Alfred STANFORD Labourer

Elizabeth Mary HILL Minor Spinster of this Parish Father = Francis HILL Smith

The groom signed and the bride made her mark
Witnesses were Elisha HARVEY and Sarah Ann ?UDD?MAN

Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 September 12 01:55 BST (UK) »

Good Morning

Again, not sure about this couple, but there is a Frederick STANFORD marrying an Emily Jane CHAMBERLAIN in Croydon Surrey 1881.  Two children to this couple...

Baptism Register
All Saints Battle Bridge
Islington

Emily Rosa daughter of Frederick and Emily Jane STANFORD of 31 Sidney Street.  Baptised 15th Oct 182. Father's Occupation Railway Porter

Baptism Register
Christ Church Norwood
Lambeth

Matilda Gertrude daughter of Frederick and Emily Jane STANFORD of Station Road. Baptised 5th Oct 1884. Father's Occupation Carman

On the 1916 Manitoba Canada Census there appears a Frederick STANFORD born about 1859 England and his wife Emily Jane STANFORD born England about 1857. 

They are listed as being member of the Salvation Army on the Canadian Census. 

Passenger List for the "Lake Champlain"  into Halifax Nova Scotia April 1904 shows Frederick, Emily, Emily, Gertrude, and Frederick STANFORD from Surrey destination Winnipeg.

No concrete proof that these belong on your tree... but might be worth just holding on to the information just in case.

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline skaty_katie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I'm really pleased to find this as I am descended from Sarah Knight and Alfred Stanford.  I have a little information on Alfred's parents.  Their first child was Harriet born on 29 November 1845 a matter of weeks after Alfred and Sarah's marriage, and she was my 3 x great grandmother.  I think she married bigamously in her 40s, and her son certainly did, whether he realised it or not!

This has given me a few more pieces of information about Harriet's siblings.  Thank you very much.