Author Topic: andrew & norah delany/delaney  (Read 27689 times)

Offline donno

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: andrew & norah delany/delaney
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 September 12 19:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane.  Looking forward to hearing from Paul again

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 September 12 19:45 BST (UK) »
That's great news Barbara...............

And what's better still was that I was right about Kinnity..............Happy Days !

Tara

Offline donno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 September 12 21:45 BST (UK) »
Yes Tara, its brilliant news.  I'm so excited...I keep checking to see if Paul has logged on...so hopefully I'll be able to put 'complete' on this thread soon.  Thank you so much for all your help, its really appreciated.

Offline Clondel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 September 12 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

as the moderator said I am not yet allowed to contact anybody directly yet, whenever I am allowed I will contact you directly.

as I wrote in my original message, another distant relation has traced the Moore family back to the very beginning of the 19th Century, some of the marriages are registered and were and maybe still are available to view online

The eldest child of Andrew and Norah was called Margaret, she continued to live in the house on Montpelier hill until at least the 1970s, her married name was Carey, another sister May lived in a different house in Montpelier Hill and then moved to Glasnevin, her married name was Lynch, I met her children at the funeral of May a few years ago

one of the sons John died early, If I remember what my father said he was in the Irish Army when he died,  according to the Mass Card that I have Andrew Christopher Delaney was living in Drimnagh when he died in 1958.

I have some photos of Norah , her son Andrew Christopher, my father and one of his sisters together with quite a few photographs of Glandine and Capard from the 1930s up to the 1960s. the graveyard in Camross is really beautiful and well maintained, many of Norah's brothers, sisters and other relations are buried there.

If I remember right what my father said, some of Andrew's brothers emigrated to New York where they had a Bar, my father vaguely remembered their visit to Montpelier Hill in the early 1920s.

maybe someday we could meet, we could also invite some of May's children and my sister.

bw

Offline donno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 September 12 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, can't wait to talk to you Paul. Thanks for all that info...unbelievable.  Was Austin Carey a relative ?  I rememer one of my aunts mentioning his name, but could'nt see where the link was.  My dad is Julia's son, so that makes him your first cousin.  Whose child are you ?

Offline Clondel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 30 September 12 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, Austin was a relative, whenever we can contact direct I will try to contact Deirdre, the daughter of May Lynch, then we can maybe put together a web page with some of the pictures and information. by the way another of Margaret's children is buried in Mt Jerome,
I forget the name at the moment

It is possible that the family split on the Civil War, there certainly seemed to be issues around that subject.

assuming Andrew was born in 1859 then he was 14 years older than Nora, both certainly seemed to have lived long lives, if you look at the census data for Norah's mother you can see that most of her children lived whereas several of Norah's children died young, the Slieve Bloom's were obviously healthier than Dublin in those days

bw

Offline donno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 September 12 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul, have just sent you a private message.

Offline Kimberleyxx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 10 June 13 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hello i was wondering if you had any links to the keeshan family as i am a relative fo a micheal keeshan/keechan and i am trying to do his family tree if you have please email me :
thanks
kimberley

Moderator Note : Email address removed as per Rootschat privacy policy

Offline Clondel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 10 June 13 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Kimberley,

I don't know very much about the Keeshan family except that I think Margaret Moore nee Keeshan was from the area around Roscrea. I will try to find out more, if I can I will update, bw Paul