Author Topic: Marriage at St Elisabeth's Stockport  (Read 2910 times)

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage at St Elisabeth's Stockport
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 21:53 BST (UK) »
So if he is the 1911 Census chap -  why did he say born at sea?

Perhaps he was born at (on the way back from India) and registered when they landed... not sure if that is how it works?

Milly

McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline svb111

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 September 12 00:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks to you all for the information although none of it fits into what I already have. The parents of Edward are definitely David Condon and Sarah nee Fallon. I found her maiden name from a younger sibling's baptism record.  I have not found them getting married either in England or in Ireland.

The Edward born at sea is son to Timothy so not correct and the one marrying at St Elizabeth's is son of Michael John so again not correct.  The 1911 Edward is therefor not correct.

I wondered if David and Sarah married in Ireland and Edward was also born in Ireland. The 1881 shows Edward's younger (2 years) sister, Mary, as born in Ireland so why would they say Edward was born in Wakefield Yorkshire if this was not so.

Although I have not found anything I have been able to cross this Edward off my list so thanks again to you all.      svb

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 September 12 16:08 BST (UK) »
RG11 4017 57 44

19 Hope Street Bradford Manchester
CONDON David 40 Pensioner Ireland
CONDON Sarah 32 Ireland
CONDON Edward  4 Wakefield
CONDON Mary 2 Ireland