Author Topic: Boyhan Carson marriage 1839  (Read 3474 times)

Offline benchurian

• RootsChat Member
  • Personal history lives on through the generations.
    • View Profile
Boyhan Carson marriage 1839
« on: Friday 28 September 12 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi folks, me again   ::)
I have received information of a marriage between Dan Boyhan and Catherine Carson on 13 Mar 1839 in Mayne parish, Co. Westmeath.  Apparently they had at least 5  children Bridget, Margaret, Lizzie (Elizabeth?) Luke born 1847 and Daniel born 1851.  The source is the LDS but I cannot find any info on the FamilySearch site.  I am trying to see if there is a connection between this Dan Boyhan and a Bridget Boyhan, born 1820/30.  If the marriage is listed does that mean there is a certificate available?

Thanks
Gerry

Connor/O Connor, Kiltoom, Westmeath
Duff, Coolure, Mayne, Co. Westmeath
Clancy, Kane, Endrim & Kilpatrick, Kings County
McKenzie, Dublin and Dundee.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Boyhan Carson marriage 1839
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 September 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
The marriage is before the start of civil marriage registration - so there will be no certificate available. Mayne is the name of an RC parish and also a civil / CofI parish. Do you know the denomination of this marriage ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline benchurian

• RootsChat Member
  • Personal history lives on through the generations.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 September 12 12:15 BST (UK) »
This is difficult as I believe Boyhan is a local Tenant Farmer name and so is Catholic but Carson is a strong Protestant name.  Carson is not a local name but is from Northern Ireland as far as I know.  The Boyhan family was in service to or worked the land on Coolure House, part of the Pakenham Hall Estate.
Connor/O Connor, Kiltoom, Westmeath
Duff, Coolure, Mayne, Co. Westmeath
Clancy, Kane, Endrim & Kilpatrick, Kings County
McKenzie, Dublin and Dundee.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 September 12 12:17 BST (UK) »
If the marriage was RC then you could try RootsIreland pay-website. The parish is listed as Coole (Mayne), and has transcripts of records back to the 1770s, but there are a few significant gaps - see their sources list.

The RC parish is listed on the NLI Index as Mayne & Faughalstown (Coole).

Mayne CofI records go back to around 1808, but dont seem to be included on RootsIreland.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 September 12 12:33 BST (UK) »
There's a possible marriage listed in the free index on Roots Ireland in Mayne RC parish for a Dan or Daniel Boyhan - not showing a cross match to anybody named Carson though...

Shane
My Surname Interests