Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 3118 times)

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Advice please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 October 12 06:26 BST (UK) »
A cheaper and easier option (in this case) than ordering from GRONI is to order a photocopy from GRO Roscommon. Download the form from the site, and complete it ensuring you show Male McKeown, birth registered Dungannon, Co Tyrone 1865, Volume 11, page 515. Don’t worry about leaving other lines blank. As long as they have the key reference data, they’ll find the event. Provided you give them that, a photocopy should cost €4. You have to post or fax the form back to them. There's no on-line option for certs pre 1922. http://www.groireland.ie/
Elwyn

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 October 12 12:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Elwyn, I have a lot of information,including photographs of Robert, my GG grandfather, this cert would certainly round it all off.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 14:35 BST (UK) »
Gortonboy, I am now wondering if you are correct with John McKeown's father being William and not James as it says on his death cert. I knew his son Robert my GG grandfather had a brother William, but didn't know if he was younger or older. I also knew he emigrated to Pennsylvania. A lovely RootsChatter in the USA (thanks Deb) has found him over there for me and he was older and also born in Ireland about 1863. So aghadowey, you were also correct on the possibility of other children before Robert. Now I need those certs.

Thanks all  ;)
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Marilyn_Warburt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi George..tried emailing you..have you changed your email address ???  to let you know I have also found William McEwen in Pennsylvania, he had a lot of children including one called Matilda, one Robert one John,   I am in contact with a guy who is descended from his wife Mary Chapmans sister, I am on Ancestry now thanks to generous hubby and a birthday.
We are trying to locate his obituary over there which should give heaps of info.
Hope you still have my email address....
Marilyn