Author Topic: Giles Frost and his family  (Read 7501 times)

Offline TWB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Giles Frost and his family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 17:39 GMT (UK) »
I posted the genealogy of Giles Frost, born about 1723 in Suffolk (possibly Horningsheath), married Mary Harvey, 7th June, 1750 at Horningsheath. Giles died and was buried 30th June 1756 at Horningsheath. I didn't post the photo.
TWB

Offline satis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your quick reply; sadly your Giles is not the one I'm After. I was hoping to
make contact with 'manui' who said he had a photo - Satis

Offline manui

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Satis,

I take it you are talking about the photo of Lydia Frost nee Sumner? I should have it on the computer somewhere, so will hunt it out and post it.

Manui

Offline satis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello Manui,

Yes Lydia Frost, nee Sumner was my g g grandmother. The eldest son of her and Denis Frost
was William Denis Frost, who married Louisa Langhorn. Their son, Percy Campbell Frost was my mother's father.

Do you agree that the following is Denis and Lydia's family?

William Dennis   Baptised 26th September 1855, my great grandfather
Eleanor Mary    Baptised 14th August 1859, although born earlier in London
John Ambrose   Baptised 14th August 1859
Giles         Born 1861
Alfred Charles   Baptised 17th May 1862
Kate         Baptised 26th June 1866
Frank         Born 1Q 1868

I would be interested to know from whom you are descended. I have passable photos of William Denis, his wife Louisa and their son Percy, but no others. I await your news with great interest.

Best regards - Satis

Offline manui

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Satis,

My mother's maternal grandmother was Eleanor, the second child of Denis and Lydia's family. You probably know that Denis died quite young, so I suspect we will never find a photograph of him, but I'm attaching the one of Lydia. My Nan had a brilliant memory for family information, so I've never been in any doubt that she is right in her identification of this photograph. She told me that her grandfather, Denis, had died young of a particular illness - when I got his death certificate, her information was spot on. (Won't name the illness at the moment, as I will need to check the records to make sure I get it right: it's a long time since I looked at it!)

Apart from Lydia, I have photos of Eleanor (of course) and also one of Kate, who married Charles Clark, but no others of the children. John Ambrose died when he was only 17, so he won't have any descendants. Hopefully, one day we will be able to put together photos of all the others.

Hmm, can't see the attachment on previewing this message, so I'll see what happens once I've posted it.

Regards,

manui