Author Topic: mary robinson look up please  (Read 989 times)

Offline supersan

• RootsChat Senior
  • digging deeper into the past
    • View Profile
mary robinson look up please
« on: Saturday 28 May 05 18:31 BST (UK) »
would like to find parents and siblings of Mary robinson b. 1806 nottingham, she married James streets 04/02/1823, thankyou Sandra :)
lambert-north yorkshire, dannatt-lincolnshire, simms-nottingham,cresswell-derbyshire,thwaite-north yorkshire, routledge-cumberland, pearson-durham,pratt-north yorkshire, skipworth-lincolnshire,kirkbride-cumberland, spink-derbyshire, oldfield-north yorkshire, woods- north yorkshire, white- lincolnshire, atkin - lincolnshire, teasdale- north yorkshire, iveson - north yorkshire. this information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Heather D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: mary robinson look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 May 05 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra :)

Just a thought and not a criticism .... I know when you say Nottingham, you probably mean the county of Nottinghamshire - but someone reading your request would take it as meaning she was born in the city of Nottingham. It helps if you give people an idea whereabouts in Nottinghamshire the person you're looking for may have come from.

I see that Mary and James married in Selston, and there are two Mary Robinsons born there according to the extracted records on the IGI.

We have Mary baptised 20 Feb 1804 to John and Hanna
Mary baptised  14 Dec 1807 to John and Mary
There's also a Maria in 1807, but if you're sure that couldn't be her ...:)

The other marriage around that time of a Mary Robinson in Selston was on the 9 Sept 1827 to James Tomlinson. The only thing I can suggest is trying to track both couples and deciding which Mary was yours on an age basis. I'll have a look and see if I can find them.

Heather
Nottinghamshire: Willmott, Williams, Oldham, Padgett, Burden, Stokes, Huskinson, Tuckwood, Morley, Barnett
Lincolnshire: Foster, Dennis, Mowbray
Leicestershire: Mowbray,Hudson, Tuckwood
Derbyshire: Starbrook
Somerset: Willmott, Elliott
Cork:Driscoll, Murphy
London Surrey:Driscoll, Cheesman
London Kent:Cheesman
Kent:Cheesman, Davis, West, Hills, Kneller, Bones, Eastup

Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Heather D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 May 05 19:40 BST (UK) »
OK in 1861, Mary Street from Selston is 57 born c.1804
Mary Tomlinson married to James and born Selston gives her age as 52.

I would say that your Mary was born to John and Hanna ...but it's only my opinion!
Nottinghamshire: Willmott, Williams, Oldham, Padgett, Burden, Stokes, Huskinson, Tuckwood, Morley, Barnett
Lincolnshire: Foster, Dennis, Mowbray
Leicestershire: Mowbray,Hudson, Tuckwood
Derbyshire: Starbrook
Somerset: Willmott, Elliott
Cork:Driscoll, Murphy
London Surrey:Driscoll, Cheesman
London Kent:Cheesman
Kent:Cheesman, Davis, West, Hills, Kneller, Bones, Eastup

Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline supersan

• RootsChat Senior
  • digging deeper into the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 May 05 19:52 BST (UK) »
Thankyou so much Heather B, i will be mindfull about the nottinghamshire thing, never thought of that, thanks again for all the info, sandra ;D
lambert-north yorkshire, dannatt-lincolnshire, simms-nottingham,cresswell-derbyshire,thwaite-north yorkshire, routledge-cumberland, pearson-durham,pratt-north yorkshire, skipworth-lincolnshire,kirkbride-cumberland, spink-derbyshire, oldfield-north yorkshire, woods- north yorkshire, white- lincolnshire, atkin - lincolnshire, teasdale- north yorkshire, iveson - north yorkshire. this information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk