Author Topic: Richard and Harriet Green .. Blenheim Palace ..Oxfordshire COMPLETED THANKYOU  (Read 14635 times)

Offline dmel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard and Harriet Green .. Blenheim Palace ..Oxfordshire COMPLETED THANKYOU
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 08:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have a very early link in to the Greens, and I’m pretty certain it will link to your family. My ancestor was an Ann Green born around 1655. She married a Michael Wilsden in 1680. From her fathers will of 1700 I know that her father was Richard Green miller of Woodstock. She had siblings Richard, Elizabeth and William. I have yet to trace their lines. Does any of this sound like it could tie in with your family?

Diane

Offline New Zealander

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Richard and Harriet Green .. Blenheim Palace ..Oxfordshire COMPLETED THANKYOU
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Diane

I have a William Green christened on 26.12.1750 at Wotton, Oxfordshire.  He married a Martha Wilks born c. 1742.  They had a son William (1779 - 1836) who married a Hannah Smith born c.1780 and their eldest child was Thomas Green who married Roseanna Smith and they had three children including Richard Green born at Woodstock on 25.11.1832.   

Richard Green married Harriet Gardiner at Wotton on 15.07.1854.  Richard Green was my great grandfather X 3 who immigrated to New Zealand with his family in 1874.  They had 8 children and a 9th child William was born in New Zealand
on 17.06.1875.

Thus far I am not seeing the connection with the Green's that you have located.  Maybe they might be cousins of some sort?

Do you have the date of birth of your Richard Green, miller of Woodstock?

Cheers

Alan a.k.a. New Zealander
Glasgow .. Glennie/Bryce, Aberdeenshire .. Glennie/ Grassick,
Clackmannanshire .. Bryce/Miller
Arbroath .. Spink
Oxfordshire .. Green
Cornwall .. Vincent

Ireland (Cobh) .. Sullivan

New Zealand .. Glennie/Bryce/Grassick/Spink/Palmer

Chatham Islands .. Rewai

Australia .. Glennie/Ross/Lusk

Offline dmel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
My family are much earlier so when I have traced their descendants the two trees might meet. My Richard I am guessing was born about 1630s. Died 1700 with children and grandchildren so rough guess. His daughter Ann again guessing at born around 1655 as that is when her husband was born. From Will I know of Ann’s siblings. Will do some digging.

Diane

Offline New Zealander

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hello again Diane

There is bound to be a connection somewhere.  The trick is finding it !!

May I ask what part of the world are you located?

Arbroath .. Spink
Oxfordshire .. Green
Cornwall .. Vincent

Chatham Islands .. Rewai

Offline dmel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

I live a few miles from Woodstock! Ann Green married into the Wilsdens and generations later left Woodstock and ended up in the Hornton/Ratley area which is near Banbury. From there they ended up in Birmingham which is where I was brought up. Not sure how to pm but if you can then I will send you my details as I know them. I did also find a Green who worked at Blenheim in my random searching around the web. He was 1750s I think.

We have passes for Blenheim and go through Woodstock a lot. Often wonder where exactly my lot lived.

BTW are you on ancestry?
Diane

Offline New Zealander

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 20:31 BST (UK) »
Diane

No I am not on Ancestry.  I use the free version at our local library where I live in Invercargill.

I have been to Blenheim Palace twice now in 2013 and 2015.  Also stayed five nights in Birmingham with other family in 2013.

It was thought that my Richard Green also worked at Blenheim Palace before emigration to New Zealand.  I had extensive searches done of the palace records for the 7th Duke of Marlborough from 1857 - 1883, the most like period and there was no record of any Greens employed there.  This was also supported by the 1871 Census where the family was involved in the glove making industry.

It would be interesting to know who the Greens were who worked at the Palace in the 1750's?

I will PM you this same message.

Cheers

Arbroath .. Spink
Oxfordshire .. Green
Cornwall .. Vincent

Chatham Islands .. Rewai

Offline New Zealander

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane

To PM myself click on my user name "New Zealander".  My profile should open up and there you will see on the left side beneath my name "Send PM".  Click on that and a message box will open up and away you go !!

My e mail is:-      .......................

Never post your e mail or other contact information on board for all to see !!

Cheers

Alan :)
Arbroath .. Spink
Oxfordshire .. Green
Cornwall .. Vincent

Chatham Islands .. Rewai