Author Topic: BOXALL (and variants), All  (Read 43739 times)

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
BOXALL (and variants), All
« on: Saturday 03 July 04 19:20 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm working on a One Name Study of the BOXALL name.  This includes: BOXELL, BOXILL, BOXHALL, BOXHILL, etc.  I already have an extensive  amount of data but always looking for new information.  

All enquiries for help are answered.

Kindest regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study
I'm also researching my own line.
CARPENTER (Petersfield, Hampshire)
PITTS;  RICHARDS;  TARGETT; LANE; FALLA;

Offline Kewtonia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BOXALL (and variant) World Wide
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 October 04 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Ronnie,
I don't have any Boxhall's in my tree but I did go to school with a Gloria Boxhall (born abt 1955). She had a brother Stephen (born abt 1963), they used to live in Ashingdon Essex. I believe the family originally came from London. I cannot remember their parents names now.
They moved to the Isle of Wight, in about 1968/1969. We lost touch shortly after.
If you already have her details I'd love to get in contact again.
Popps - everywhere
Lee - Itteringham & Wickmere Norfolk
Poulton - Shoreditch
Davis - Shoreditch
Rickwood - Middlesex
Hawkes -  Essex & Middlesex
Kreglin(ger) - Middlesex & Renfrewshire
Unstead - Middlesex
Arnold/Gilby/Redgwell - Finchingfield Essex
Jordan - Truro & Falmouth Cornwall
Teague - Truro & Probus Cornwall
Fidock - East Newlyn Cornwall

tsumigirl

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 October 04 17:16 BST (UK) »
i have a florence boxhall born 1870 and married to an arthur h west  he was a baptist minister he is my first cousin twice removed they had two children   do you have them in your tree , anne

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 October 04 20:03 BST (UK) »
i have a florence boxhall born 1870 and married to an arthur h west  he was a baptist minister he is my first cousin twice removed they had two children   do you have them in your tree , anne

I don't appear to have a Florence born in 1870.  Do you have a place of birth or marriage for her?

Regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study

tsumigirl

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 October 04 09:31 BST (UK) »
September 2, 1897 in St Albans , Hertfordshire, is what i have for her, Anne

Offline jewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 October 04 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Ronnie:

I have Boxall's in my family line - my mother's side.  I know very little about this side of the family but am willing to give you what I have...maybe it might connect to your tree...here's hoping!  :)

Grandmother was Winifred E. Boxall possibly born approx. 1900 in Woolwich, Kent.  I think her father was George Boxall born Pulborough [maybe Fittleworth] Sussex and mother Anna H. [maiden name unknown] born Chichester, Sussex.  If I do have the correct George Boxall, his father was Charles Boxall and mother Jane [maiden name unknown] and he had the following siblings:  Charles; James; Harriett; Ernest Albert and another sister, name unknown. This information has been found on the 1881 and 1901 Census and seems to fit the little information I do have on Winifred.

Winifred married Reginald Walsh in Croydon (?) approx. 1918-19 resulting in my mother's birth in March, 1920 in Croydon.  Winifred left her husband when my mother was approx. 18 months old.  I do not know if my grandparents divorced or just took up common-law relationships with new partners.  This whole part is quite a mystery as no one ever mentioned Winifred around my mother...she was raised by her father's side of the family.  My mother was 36 years old before she met her mother and little family information was shared.  Since both women are now deceased, I have little to work with.

If any of this seems to connect to you, it would be a pleasure to hear from you.

All the best....Jewell

Mitchell; Wiltshire; Boxall; Walsh; Bristol/Gloucestershire area; Croydon/Surrey area

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 November 04 03:50 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jewell,

Here is a small amount of information that may help you.

I believe this is your Grandmother:
Winifred  Annie BOXSHALL b. Jun qtr 1892 Woolwich 1d 1231 (FreeBMD) 
I suggest you obtain a copy of her birth certificate to confirm her parents names this would be your starting point.

If you have the correct parents for her then here are some details on those:
George BOXALL m. Anna Harriett YEATES Jun qtr 1893 Farnham, Surrey.
  Notice the difference in birth year for Winifred and marriage yr for George and Anna. I do not believe this is the correct parentage for your grandmother.  Plus the distance from Farnham, Surrey to the Woolwich, Kent area.

I look forward to assisting you further.
Kindest regards
Ronnie

BOXALL One Name Study

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 November 04 03:59 GMT (UK) »
September 2, 1897 in St Albans , Hertfordshire, is what i have for her, Anne

Dear Anne,

I believe this may be your Florence:

Birth: Mar qtr 1877, BOXALL Florence,  Hambledon  2a 134
 (FreeBMD)

If you could obtain a copy of her birth certificate it would confirm her parents and I probably will be able to help you further.

Do you have a copy of her marriage certificate, that may give her age and father's name which you can compare with the birth certificate.

Here is the marriage entry if you don't have the marriage certificate:

Marriage: Sep qtr 1897, BOXALL Florence, St. Alban's  3a  1029

I look forward to being able to assist you again soon.
Kindest regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study

Offline onceginger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 November 04 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ronnie,

A car hire and taxi firm called Boxall provided my wedding car in 1973.  I think they may still be trading under that name.  They were based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.  A branch of the St Alban's family perhaps?

It may be worth searching the wonderful trade directories site at www.historicaldirectories.org/

Good luck.
Pritchard, Ashton, Leahy, Copping, Talbot, Vater, Box, Thompson, Legge, Bore, Greening, Vowles, Twaites, Garrett, Wilson, Short, Mason, Gurney, Hurndall, Surrey, Burrows, Pedder, Harris, Brinklow, Hamerton, Doyle.