Author Topic: BOXALL (and variants), All  (Read 43736 times)

Offline Cazo

• RootsChat Extra
  • South African Irish English Scottish Welsh French
    • View Profile
Re: BOXALL (and variants), All
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 06 November 11 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Panjela,

Since my last message I've made some more discoveries and I don't think we are talking about the same family anymore. I have found that the Emily Eliza Webb I am descended from was the daughter of John Hudson Webb and Emily Frances Bennett.

Sorry for the confusion.

Although I am interested in your 'Webb' family - any chance they originally came from Blackwater, Hampshire and were carpenters?

Cazo
South Africa, St Helena, Ireland, Scotland, England

Offline crowflies

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 13 January 12 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi ronniem -  I have a John Boxall who, in 1778 married a Margaret Connor, who had given birth to an illegitimate son, Ralph, in Lodsworth; he was christened March 13, 1774. The marriage may have taken place in Duncton, the witnesses Henry and Elizabeth Boxall. I'd be very grateful for any info tying John to your Lodsworth Boxalls as I have been unable to find a link.
It's the Connor family I'm tracing and the illegitimate birth has brought me to a halt. I'm assuming that the Lodsworth christening ties Maragaret to that village and maybe that's where she met John.  Duncton is significant as all subsequent family members (in direct line to my own) lived in the village.  By the way, my own mother was a Boxall!
 regards
crowflies

Offline twogates

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 05 July 12 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Ronnie,

Will email the info shortly.  I look forward to working with you and any other Boxall researcher.

Cheers,

Tisy

Hi Tisy and Ronnie

My wife's grandfather was Alfred Boxall from Kingwilliam's Town - his wife was Lillian - we do not have any more than that and would appreciate any assitance in this regard

Offline rsgenat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 06 January 24 04:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi ronniem

Looking for info on a BOXALL family from Brighton pre 1880

John BOXALL married Elizabeth Jane Evelyn JEFFERIES in Jun 1877 - East Preston W/ Sussex [waiting for wedding certificate]
Ran the "Chain Pier Restaurant" in Brighton [Census 1881]

Any info would be much appreciated

cheers russell

ps. this is my partners G,G/P

Hi Russell;
This John is a mystery, he is in the 1881 census  but then I can't find him.  When you have the wedding certificate can you send me the details, especially the name of his father.  Maybe with the name of the father I can figure out which John this is.

Sorry I don't have anything else at this time.
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,
Finally found some time to get back into this tree.
1877 married in registery office in the district of East Preston County of Sussex
29th May 1877
John Boxall - Elizabeth Jefferies (Note saying "Described in this certificate and licence as Elizabeth Jefferries")
Both Full age.
He is Bachelor & Clerk. She is Spinster --------.
Residence Him Royal Sea House Hotel Worthing. Her 168 Edward St Brighton
Fathers Names and Profession John Boxall Gentleman and John Jefferies Licensed Victualler.
In the precence of Mary Jefferies and Mark of Sarah Melliton(?) X

A note, 168 Edward St is basically next door to where John Boxall Snr had his Bucher shop 173 Edward St

cheers russ