Author Topic: Chatterbox  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chatterbox
« on: Friday 12 October 12 14:05 BST (UK) »
I just peeped into Chatterbox and immediately had welcome messages but I do not know how I can post in that area.  Sandra

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chatterbox
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 October 12 15:51 BST (UK) »
Sandra - there's a guide at:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,309726.0.html

Hope that helps (I don't use the chatroom).

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 October 12 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Just pop back into the chatroom, and if you want help, just ask, type in the box at the bottom of the screen and press enter.  If no one needs any research the we  just chat. Folk in the room are very helpful and come from all over the world, so I'm sure you'll find some answers to your questions.

You'll find me in there most days ;D

Hope to see you in there.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 October 12 15:43 BST (UK) »
I also peeped in once and was welcomed very nicely - but it's far too fast-moving for me, being probably the world's slowest PC user :P

By the time I'd got my witty reply ready, three other people had beaten me to it so I made my excuses and left ::)

Carol (the slow one sitting at the back)
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 October 12 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

Don't worry about how fast you can type, the spelling doesn't matter.  Just keep at it, you can get lots of help, and if you are like me often just like to sit and watch a hunt and how a request is solved.  We all were new at it once :De :D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline snj1950

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 June 13 22:04 BST (UK) »
How does chatterbox work ,can you find information every day all day or only on certain day.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 June 13 22:09 BST (UK) »
For somebody going into it, it's a bit like a conversation, it's there when you go into it but then when you go away from it then the discussion that you had goes away unless you made a note of it.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.