Author Topic: Albert Edward CAIN  (Read 12280 times)

Offline bubs

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Edward CAIN
« Reply #72 on: Monday 22 April 13 10:18 BST (UK) »
Bubs Albert CAIN's digitised WW1 service record is on http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx

I thought you had a copy of his service files.

Can you please answer our questions about Albert's death certificate.

I have sent you a pm

Cando  :)
no i can't i was told he was buried in rookwood  and died in 1946  that is why i have been mixed up  Bubs

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 22 April 13 11:22 BST (UK) »
Bubs it is important to work with proven facts as so often family stories are inaccurate. 

You have received much help with researching the CAIN family in Victoria which is the family of the Albert CAIN who enlisted in both WW1 and WW2 but as JM mentioned in her post....
May I please ask where the number 3259A is recorded.   I ask this because on NSW BDM death certs for the era up to around 1955, when a chap who had served during WWI died (in NSW) THEN his AIF number would be stamped on the NSW BDM registrar's ledgers...  Then when NSW BDM issues an historic certificate that AIF number can be found on the upper left hand corner of their certificate...

It would be interesting to see if Albert's AIF numbers are on his death certificate.

I thank you for replying to my email but you have returned my message to you.  Perhaps you may like to reply without touching the quote button.  Just a suggestion. :)

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bubs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday 22 April 13 23:19 BST (UK) »
i do have a copy of his service files and in the book it has that number also  i will see what i can do about getting a death certificate   Bubs

Offline bubs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Monday 22 April 13 23:29 BST (UK) »
Copy

Offline bubs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 22 April 13 23:32 BST (UK) »
copy

Image Removed

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 01:18 BST (UK) »
Bubs his WW1 file is digitised on NAA and we all can see it there if we wish.  I would suggest you remove the page you have posted as it is a breach of copyright.

The question was posed by JM about his service number on the death certificate.  Family research is not only about finding facts but validating those facts with supporting documents. 

You haven't responded to my pm and that is your choice but I thought you may have liked Thomas CAIN's death certificate which I purchased for you.

If this was my family I would budget to purchase Bridget's death certificate and possibly Alfred's birth certificate.  If you now have a copy of the book could you type up any relevant information.

Cheers  :)
Cando

Offline bubs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 02:25 BST (UK) »
Cando  i am sorry if i have missed something  i am having trouble at the moment with a shoulder and i only try to answer what i can as it takes me ages to type   i will try and get my niece to photocopy the relevant pages and i will give you my mums and aunts birth dates as soon as i receive the information from her, and i might be able to get some sense  i do thank you for all you have done and i am sorry if i sound  like i dont  again many tthanks to you BUBS   ps how do i delet the army record   

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 03:07 BST (UK) »
Bubs I do hope your shoulder improves. Sounds most uncomfortable.

I only ask about the information in the book as it is often the small details that help break down the brick walls.

We have found the family for Albert CAIN whose service record you have but I am still puzzled why you researched the family of Albert Edward CAIN.  However all in the past now but it would be good to see if the same service number is on his death certificate.

I am also curious about his wife Lottie [Frances Charlotte] as I am certain she is the same Lottie who married in Victoria. 

Please pm your email address if you would like Thomas CAIN's death certificate.  I'll see what else I can find about the CAIN family in Victoria.

Cando  :)