Author Topic: Where do I search for demolition information on house in Fintry  (Read 1031 times)

Offline FintryGirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Our Home in Fintry - The one past Mom & her dog
    • View Profile
Where do I search for demolition information on house in Fintry
« on: Tuesday 16 October 12 15:41 BST (UK) »
I have had a search done by the Land Registry on 40 Main St Netherton Cottage Fintry.  I have the information from 1884 to 1964, then there is a gap from 1964 to 1984.  My grandfather bought this property in 1936 and sold it in 1964, some time after 1964 the original building was demolished and later a new house built back further on the property.  Does anyone know how I would find out when the house was demolished and why?  If it was unsafe or was it just demolished to build the new building?   The Land Registry does not keep this information.  I am also trying to find out how properties like 40 Main St get the names they do like Netherton Cottage.  As I was there last year and it is still called Netherton Cottage.  Thanks for any help you can give me.
Meffen, McEwan, Eggleton, Bryson, Gray, Cobb

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I search for demolition information on house in Fintry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Fintrygirl,

may I suggest the best place to start would be an e-mail to the Stirling Council Archives in Stirling. You can contact them by e-mail. They would be able to point you in the right direction as to where you can gain the info that you require.

archive[replace with 'at' symbol]stirling.gov.uk

yours,

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline FintryGirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 19:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this I will give it a try.

Offline FintryGirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 October 12 17:21 BST (UK) »
Very good response for Archive Stirling, they got back to me within a day and had most of the information I was looking for.

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 October 12 19:11 BST (UK) »
I knew that they would be able to help you out FintryGirl.

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.