Author Topic: Calling Urquharts Worldwide  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Patsy Beech

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Calling Urquharts Worldwide
« on: Sunday 21 October 12 15:29 BST (UK) »
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you our Clan Chief, Kenneth Trist Urquhart of Urquhart has passed away in New Orleans. There is a memorial service being planned for 28th December 2012 in New Orleans and it is hoped that something can be arranged in Cromarty, Scotland.

The Chief worked constantly to bring together Urquharts worldwide, and through the Clan Urquhart Association and its Newsletter many Urquharts from around the world have published their family tree research and requests for help. Kenneth's knowledge of Clan Urquhart was vast and his diligent research will be sadly missed. Kenneth's second son William will take over the duties of Clan Chief.

If you have not joined the Clan Urquhart Association may I suggest that you give it consideration as it has proved so useful to many in the past, and it would provide a fitting tribute to Kenneth to continue his work of building and recording the history of the Urquharts. The Commissioner of Clan Urquhart for the United Kingdom is A.R. Adam Urquhart CA, Glasgow, but there are other contacts for those around the world and a Goggle search should help you find the web pages. Please be patient as these may not be up-dated just yet as this is a difficult time for the family.

Gatherings such as being part of the International Gathering of Clans, Edinburgh, 2009 have taken place previously and I can't tell you how proud you feel marching with the clan along the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. These events have been organised successfully by Mary Virginia, Kenneth's wife, who has always given her constant support to Kenneth and the Clan.

I send our sincere condolences to Mary Virginia and all the family.

Patsy
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Barnes, Berry, Curry, Freeman, Jeffels, Nipper, Robson, Shiel, Stokell, Thompson, Urquhart,  (County Durham)
Elstob, Fidler, Hunter, Strong (Northumberland)
Acus, Bayes, Beech, Bell, Bird, Blaskett, Blatchly, Byatt, Daly, Farmer, Fricker, Hartelbury, Voullaire-Campbell (London)
Berry, Graham, Urquhart (Scotland)
Thompson, McCullough (County Down, Ireland)

Offline Heather Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Urquharts Worldwide
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 18 19:04 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old post but I have just recently started researching my family tree and have discovered that i am descended from urquharts  of kildrummie  croy  dalcross  parish inverness.some of my family live in places associated with the urquharts  of cromarty .I believe that I descend from these urquharts.Who is the present chief. I live in the black isle.

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 18 20:52 BST (UK) »
   Lots about them on the internet, including the Black Isle. Current Chief is the son of the previous one.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Patsy Beech

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 July 18 23:32 BST (UK) »
I just don't believe it!!!!! There has been a clan gathering in Cromarty which only left today (Monday 2nd July 2018) for Glasgow! They have been carrying out an archaeological dig at Castle Craig.

All the information is still as above in my post all those years ago eg. Will Urquhart is the Clan Chief, and if you look on the Internet you should find their contact details and how to join the Clan Urquhart Association. Hope to see you at the next gathering which could be next year.
Best Wishes,
Patsy
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Barnes, Berry, Curry, Freeman, Jeffels, Nipper, Robson, Shiel, Stokell, Thompson, Urquhart,  (County Durham)
Elstob, Fidler, Hunter, Strong (Northumberland)
Acus, Bayes, Beech, Bell, Bird, Blaskett, Blatchly, Byatt, Daly, Farmer, Fricker, Hartelbury, Voullaire-Campbell (London)
Berry, Graham, Urquhart (Scotland)
Thompson, McCullough (County Down, Ireland)

Offline Heather Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 July 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
Coronary isn't that far away.I'm surfing was very interesting  would have loved to have been there.