Author Topic: Elizabeth Hughes 1854  (Read 4988 times)

Offline susan70908

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Hughes 1854
« on: Monday 22 October 12 03:45 BST (UK) »
I am attempting to determine the parents of Elizabeth Hughes born 1854 in Llanrhyddlad Wales. I know it is either William and Catherine Hughes or Hugh and Elizabeth Hughes. Is it possible to have someone who has access to a 1861 census look and see which family had a daughter named Elizabeth and lists Llanrhyddlad as the birth place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Hughes 1854
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 October 12 04:47 BST (UK) »
hi,,there is this one

1861 census  Penllain,Llanrhyddlad

Hugh Hughes b 1822    Agricultural labourer
Elin Hughes   b 1816
Elin Hughes b 1849
Margaret Hughes b 1852
Elizabeth Huhges  b 1854
Jane Hughes  b 1857
John Hughes  b 1845

all born Llanrhyddlad
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 October 12 05:10 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage in Llanrhuddlad  Feb 25th  1842

Hugh Hughes to Elin / Ellen Jones
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 October 12 05:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,,forgot to say Welcome to the forum ;)  just to let you know that once you have made a couple of more posts,,you will be able to send and recieve private messages...the little scroll icon under your name will turn green....click on that icon under anyones name to access the private message menu for that user.

So,,,what do you think about the family i posted?  ;)

Offline Boncyfelin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 October 12 11:14 BST (UK) »
There was an Elizabeth Hughes born in Llanrhuddlad on 17 November 1853. Her parents were Hugh Hughes and Ellen Jones.

Offline susan70908

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 00:17 BST (UK) »

Thank you for the information...I'm betting that is the family I've been looking for...I have been looking at different records and census reports for weeks and couldn't seem to get any farther than where I was. VERY glad I found this site!

Still pretty new at researching though so I'm sure there are many areas I haven't even considered yet.  :(

So when it tells me I have a private message, then I can't access it yet, right?

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 00:51 BST (UK) »
you will be able to access them when u reply i mote time on the forum.  ;)