Author Topic: William Thomas Escott - Waterman and Licensed Victualler  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Thomas Escott - Waterman and Licensed Victualler
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 October 12 10:44 BST (UK) »
marriage

13 Jun 1861 Stepney St Dunstan and All Saints
Daniel Campbell full age bachelor engineer of Stepney father John Campbell engineer
Sarah Escott full age spinster of Poplar father William Escott lighterman
witnesses James Brown and ???? Price

I think you marriage to Joseph William Royffe is wrong as her father on the marriage certificate is William Manson or Ranson a cooper
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 October 12 10:54 BST (UK) »
marriage

22 Dec 1864 Limehouse St Anne Tower Hamlets

Charles Nicholas Newman full age bachelor shipwright of St Anne Limehouse father Charles Nicholas Newman mariner
Maria Escott full age spinster St Anne Limehouse father William Escott lighterman
witnesses Henry Jason? and Elizabeth Rowe
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bobfilm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Early Photographers and Silent Film Makers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 October 12 11:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all this information
Researching East London & Essex Early Photographers and Silent Film Makers and Studios in Waltham Forest.

Offline bobfilm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Early Photographers and Silent Film Makers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 13:16 BST (UK) »
Does anybody have info on ‘Escott Cottages’ built by William Escott or William John Escott as Publican of the ‘Escotts Hotel’, West Ferry Road, Poplar?
Researching East London & Essex Early Photographers and Silent Film Makers and Studios in Waltham Forest.

Offline Alocin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 08:16 GMT (UK) »
I have only just read your posts re the Escott family.  I cant see an immediate connection but "my" Escotts originate from the east end of london and outer Essex.  There are three Alexander John Escotts in our tree born in 1847 1874 and 1905.  The first one being a boot and shoe manufacturer in Hackney.  If you would like to check out any info I might have -not much - please get in touch.
Smart and Purslow in Northamptonshire and Philp in Nottingham.  Fairburn orinally from Yorkshire.