Author Topic: Littledean 1841 William EDGE & Richard NEWMAN  (Read 1489 times)

Offline geniemom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Littledean 1841 William EDGE & Richard NEWMAN
« on: Tuesday 23 October 12 02:51 BST (UK) »
On Broad St. William Edge is an Innkeeper, anyone know what the name of the Inn was and where on Broad St. it was located?  My ancestor Richard Newman was a blacksmith living next door, but in the parish records (not online) he states he is an innkeeper approx 1809-1815?  Wondering if there are any photos of said Inn?  Thanks for any thoughts or ideas in advance.
Auchterlonie, Chaplain, Douglas, Duncan, Fletcher, Gilcrest, Gowans, Hepburn ,Jamison, Laidlaw, MacKellar, Reaper, Robertson, Robertson, Rollo, Scot, Simpson, Slater, Smith, Thomson,Wise,Wright

Offline kinsey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Littledean 1841 William EDGE & Richard NEWMAN
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 03:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Geniemom

Have you checked out www.forest-of-dean.net there is an old photo of Broad Street with a quote that states it maybe the Kings Head.

Kinsey

Offline geniemom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 03:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kinsey, I have checked that sight, great amount of data there.  I did see there were a few inns on Broad st.  I've been digging around the internet looking for inns in Littledean.  Google shows the Kings Head, and the Bellfry.  Not sure where else to look. 
Auchterlonie, Chaplain, Douglas, Duncan, Fletcher, Gilcrest, Gowans, Hepburn ,Jamison, Laidlaw, MacKellar, Reaper, Robertson, Robertson, Rollo, Scot, Simpson, Slater, Smith, Thomson,Wise,Wright

Offline kinsey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 03:48 BST (UK) »
Have you asked for help on that site? I'm sure someone will know the answer. Good luck

Offline geniemom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 04:01 BST (UK) »
thanks, didn't think of asking  :-[ .  I appreciate the thought.  I'll do that!