Author Topic: Ruby Stephenson  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ruby Stephenson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 October 12 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Back to what I said before then if she did have 4 siblings and the other 4 are still alive in 1911 then Ruby must be the one who has died between the will being written and the census.

Hope I have worked that out correctly.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline claretnblue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 October 12 08:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

No, Gertrude was the child who died and not Ruby.

From gravestone inscription, St Mary's Churchyard, Easington:

"In loving memory of William STEPHENSON of Easington, the beloved husband of Annie STEPHENSON who died September 11th 1892 aged 38 years. Gertrude the beloved daughter of the above born March 2nd 1883, died Feb 14th 1885. Also of the above named Annie STEPHENSON, who died May 18th 1913, aged 50 years. "peace perfect peace"

Regards,

Claretnblue

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 October 12 09:25 GMT (UK) »
I cant see an obvious death record for Ruby, Stephenson or Stevenson between 1910 and 1912 .

She was 15 on the 1911 census, as we have no further census's to check  its still my guess that she married later, I think that is what you need to check to move further forward.

As she appears to have a been a young lady of some means and  she would be very eligible
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline claretnblue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 October 12 09:31 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if see left the country some point after 1911?

Regards,

Claretnblue

Offline Mstee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 February 24 10:17 GMT (UK) »
I have not looked I to family history as yet however I believe my great grandfather was the last Stephenson to own the butchers shop. My grandfather worked there and met my grandmother bessy (she made the black pudding for them) when she was only 16 years old they married and my grandfather George Stephenson took a different line of work (there is various family members buried in the grave yard in easington village one being his mother who remarried)