Author Topic: Baptism Register St. Austell - Donald Charles HALEY  (Read 1183 times)

Offline ahoneybun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Baptism Register St. Austell - Donald Charles HALEY
« on: Thursday 25 October 12 08:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am seeking the names of the parents of Donald Charles HALEY b. 27 Jul 1933, St. Austell, Cornwall.

I believe that his mothers last name was TUCKER.

I am missing their first/middle names and dates and places.

I presume that Donald may have been christened in the village and that the local church register may have the parents details and the date of Christening.
ALLCHIN, BOWYER, BURDEN, CLINCH, CROW, DEAN, EMERY, FORSTER, HALL, HEDDING, HONEY, HONEYBUN, JENKINS, KARG, KIDD, KING, KUMM, LARRIBAL, MILLS, MITTENS, NASS, PRIME, RICHARDSON, SPICER, STUART, THREADINGHAM, WEBB, WEBSTER, WHITING, WILL, YATES

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Register St. Austell - Donald Charles HALEY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 October 12 09:36 BST (UK) »
It looks like Donald had a sister, born 1931.

But I can't see a Haly-Tucker marriage?
Implying that his mother was married before?

The best bet is to purchase the Birth Certificate ;D
I'm not sure that PR's that late are available?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 October 12 11:01 BST (UK) »
the record office has baptisms for the parish of St Austell up to 1947. When you say "christened in the village", which village do you mean? St Austell has been a market town for hundreds of years, population in the 1930s was over 20,000. Do you know for sure that he was born in St Austell itself? The registration district of St Austell covered several parishes

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/st%20austell.html

You're unlikely to get the level of detail you want from a baptism. You can see from these 1900 pages what you get. No maiden name, vague address, date of baptism but not birth

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12120-28611-37?cc=1769414&wc=MMVH-VZQ:n1360674646

So birth cert is your best bet and it should give any previous names for the mother.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 October 12 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Is Mr Haley deceased? I see the same full name at sites that seem to have to do with dogs in Australia (and a passage for him out of the UK as a young man in that general direction) and that seem to be current, but I can't get to the actual result for some reason. If he is not known to be deceased, it is not appropriate to be asking about his parents here.

(I see you got the same advice about the birth certificate at an Ancestry forum -- it really is the obvious and only answer; in case you aren't familiar with the process, certificates should be ordered here, so you don't get ripped off:
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/)

You have a tree on line in which you have assigned a father to him, and I won't say any more because of the possibility he is not deceased.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?