Author Topic: Tracing Olive Gibbons Home Child  (Read 10930 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing Olive Gibbons Home Child
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 14 May 11 18:51 BST (UK) »
There is also a public tree at Ancestry that has Olive Gibbons married to a Martin James Hissa. I don't know if this link to the tree will work (I don't know if you need to be logged in to Ancestry or not) but here it is:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0d7d/

I've found a brief obituary for Olive Hissa, widow of Martin Hissa in the Toronto Star. She died 7 Dec 1980. She and Martin had 4 children - Olive was predeceased by one daughter. If you PM me your email address I can send you the obituary as it has the names of her other children who may still be living.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline KAberdein

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 14 May 11 20:45 BST (UK) »
Thats amazing Jacquie.  Thank you so much.  Have PM'd you my details!

Kate

Offline Ancestrykim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 14 May 11 20:50 BST (UK) »
Woop woop!!  It gets even better!!!!  Good luck...............
Kim

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 15 May 11 02:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I just found the death notice for Olive's daughter Dianne Elizabeth.  She died on Tuesday, Sept 3, 1968.  It looks like she had cerebral palsy and passed away in a special nursing home.  She was 24.  Her parents are Olive Hissa and the late Martin J. Hissa.   Her siblings are named - including one with the nickname Bambi (as you mentioned in the your intial post on this thread.)  I will PM the rest of the details. 

RK

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 15 May 11 08:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry I didn't mention it in my other post, RK, but I sent the obits from the Toronto Star for Olive, Martin and Dianne to Kate. I've also provide Kate with the date of an obituary for one of Olive's other daughters (Barbara Stephenson) that was in the London Free Press on November 1st and 2nd, 1999.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 15 May 11 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi folks,

There was mention of a Granton Ontario address earlier. This place is very small rural place near St Mary's between London and Stratford Ontario. As Jacuuie as done, it might be worthwhile checking the newspapers in London (London Free Press) as well as Stratford (The Beacon Herald) through the public libraries' newspaper archives. Hope this helps.

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline Koreyhissa

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 15 March 12 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi I came across ur posts when i was searching foe any of my family history. My names Korey Hissa Father is Martin Hissa  Grand mother Janet Powell firtst husband Martin James Hissa her maiden nane is Robinson i belive.

Offline KAberdein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 26 October 12 13:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Korey,
If you are still looking at these forums, I have sent you a private message and would very much like to hear from you.
Regards
Kate

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 26 October 12 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Korey and Kate

In order to use the Rootschat PM system, you have to have made at least 3 posts.  If Korey makes 2 more posts here on this thread - she can just say "Hi"  :) - then you can communicate with each other by PM. 

RK