Author Topic: ELLIS family Aust, NZ, UK  (Read 4080 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIS family Aust, NZ, UK
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:11 GMT (UK) »
On here http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/
can see service record summary for John Newell Ellis and can request digitisation of full record (costs money)
ELLIS John Newell, his  Service Number - 80240 his  DOB 04 Oct 1902 in NANNINE WA Next of Kin is ELLIS Jocelyn

and also
ELLIS Kenneth, his Service Number - WX5503 his DOB  17 Nov 1910 in NANNINE WA : He enlisted at Northam, WA .  Next of Kin is ELLIS Mavis

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Nita from OZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Oh my thank you I am over whelmed. Rapt.  :)
Lang Ashe Taylor

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:24 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome  :)

And also service record for
ELLIS James Henry Murchison, his Service Number S85161  DOB 30 Apr 1900 his place of birth is STAR-OF-THE-EAST (?) WA,  he enlisted at  Port Adelaide SA his Next of Kin  ELLIS Grace

regards,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Nita from OZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:45 GMT (UK) »
   James Henry Murchison Ellis died 5-12-1976  aged 76 and here is his burial and this is his wife's burial  (Grace Bridgid Ellis)

I have this James as son of William is this correct?
Nita
Lang Ashe Taylor

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Sadly Mavis Maria Ellis (wife of Kenneth) died in 1941.  Death notice gives names of children
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article47156330

regards,
   Ros

( Yes James Henry Murchison Ellis is son of William and Margaret - the WA BDM was down and so I was trying to find the info more circumspectly)

Offline Nita from OZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Kenneth Ellis 17 Nov 1908 Nannine, Western Australia Died 14 May 1982 Hollywood Hospital is my husbands grand father I have a nice photo of him.
Lang Ashe Taylor

Offline Nita from OZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:56 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to chase the link back from NZ as I have no idea what to do here. I did try and get details from NZ but the request paperwork was difficult from here. They would not transact via email as most places I have dealt with. I have no family or friends there to research for me. My tree basically comes to an end there. If it can be traced to the UK I can then obtain records to verify the family history. (common name not helping at all) So I thank everyone who has helped me in this search.
Lang Ashe Taylor

Offline Nita from OZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 October 12 21:59 GMT (UK) »
 will be looking to get this record thank you Jerry my hubby didn't know this bit
ELLIS Kenneth, his Service Number - WX5503 his DOB  17 Nov 1910 in NANNINE WA : He enlisted at Northam, WA .  Next of Kin is ELLIS Mavis
Lang Ashe Taylor

Offline Nita from OZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 29 October 12 22:01 GMT (UK) »
INFO ONLY on Nanine for interest.

The townsite of Nanine is located in the Murchison Goldfields region, 735 km north east of Perth and 30 km south south west of Meekatharra. Gold was discovered in the Nannine area in 1890, the area being rich with gold, and by 1891 was the site of feverish activity. In 1892 John Forrest, the Commissioner for Crown Lands decided to have lots surveyed and a town site declared, although Forrest referred to the place as "Annean", the name of a nearby pastoral station. When the local miners heard the auction of lots was to be in Perth 85 of them petitioned Forrest to have the auction in Geraldton. The lots were surveyed in 1892, and the town site named Nanine, as "it is situated 10 miles from Annean Station and 3 miles from Nanine Wells", and was also the name of the proposed electoral district and adjacent gold mining lease. The townsite was gazetted in April 1893. Nannine is an Aboriginal name, "Nanine Wells" being first recorded by a surveyor in 1889. The meaning of the name is not known.
Lang Ashe Taylor