Author Topic: Strathdon church photographs  (Read 3905 times)

Offline JRF1974

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Strathdon church photographs
« on: Monday 29 October 12 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I recently visited Strathdon Parish Church and graveyard, where some of my Forbes ancestors are buried, but unfortunately the church itself was locked up and there was no one about to ask about access :( I believe that the interior is quite impressive, and that there are a number of plaques on the walls relating to members of the Forbes family. Is there any member who lives in or near Strathdon who could possibly visit the church when it's open and take photographs of the plaques for me please?  Sadly I'm now back home in Australia, and am not sure when I'll get back there again! Cheers,
Jo

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile

Offline JRF1974

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Strathdon church photographs
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Malky,
Yes thanks, I have seen the photos on that site, and a couple of the plaque photos are legible, but I believe there are quite a few more plaques in there.  Of course they may all relate to Sir Charles Forbes and his immediate family, whereas I think my Forbes were more humble and not so notable, but there was probably a connection between them all at some point  :)

Offline gordonbb

• RootsChat Extra
  • MBR Gordon 1897
    • View Profile
Gordon, Kincardine O'Neil, Aberdeenshire
Laing, Aberdeenshire
Robertson, Aberdeenshire
Ashton, Lincolnshire
Elgie, Absolutely Anywhere

Offline richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Strathdon church photographs
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 January 14 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I recently visited Strathdon Parish Church and graveyard, where some of my Forbes ancestors are buried, but unfortunately the church itself was locked up and there was no one about to ask about access :( I believe that the interior is quite impressive, and that there are a number of plaques on the walls relating to members of the Forbes family. Is there any member who lives in or near Strathdon who could possibly visit the church when it's open and take photographs of the plaques for me please?  Sadly I'm now back home in Australia, and am not sure when I'll get back there again! Cheers,
Jo