Author Topic: Birth & Death Look Up Possibly Tasmania & NSW  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth & Death Look Up Possibly Tasmania & NSW
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning (Night to those in Australia)

Sparret - thank you for the birth of Edna - much obliged  :)

Debra - Thanks for the Tasmanian death theory quosh - definitely not her, and it looks like Jonas didnt marry or have offspring.

Leanne - that article made me chuckle - will definately be adding that one to my notes LOL!  ;D

Debbie - The Roy Crabtree in WWII is definitely a possibility - this leaves a 10 year gap in children between Edna and Roy - Maybe ? AND No, The person with the change of name theory doesnt have her death certificate - it is just family gossip as is the other theory of her going to Canada

Rhonda - thanks for the PM - and I think the Grace who married in Victoria can be ruled out - but thanks for the suggestion! :D

Muss - many thanks for finding the marriage notice - more pieces of the jigsaw fitted. :)

Cupoflife - Thank you very much - I look forward to it - only if you have the time of course :)

So..................Thanks to you all on this one -  much progress made - I do think though that Harriett M G is Grace though why she may have changed her name I have no idea . BUT.... wouldnt her father's death notice state - father of Harriet, Jonas, Grace (deceased) Aubrey, Eunice and Edna .............but Harriet isnt mentioned, deceasd or otherwise)  ::) .

Then there's Roy - mentioned on Edwin's obit but not Mabel's and neither is Grace, which makes me think both had died  OR maybe - Roy is Harriet's (or Grace's) illegit son (born 19 years after Harriett) ? Maybe that's why she changed her name  - the mind boggles

Thanks once again - much appreciated

Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,

JonasEdwinCRABTREE-ProbateNotice-SMH31May1989pg67 “late of Westmead, retired grazier”
Have not found DOD yet.

Cheers :)
cupoflife

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Hun!

Most appreciated.  ;D

Cheers
Jan :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Edna lost in the bush

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/27976353?searchTerm=edna crabtree&searchLimits=

Muss

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 01 November 12 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Muss  ;D

Thanks for that - Interesting read but I dont think its our Edna as she was born 1912 according to Sparrett and the one on this article is 18 years old in 1939 making her born about 1920/1 .... so not ours.

But thank you anyway - still a good read  :D

Cheers
Jan  :-* :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 November 12 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi

She can be older

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/12091643?searchTerm=edna crabtree lost&searchLimits=
Jumpimg creek was the property her brother owned
Muss

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 01 November 12 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Mmm.... Jan
I  think this is your lass  :D

Perhaps reporters  ( I mean in those days, of course  ;D)  used to just "estimate" ages in the absence of first hand knowledge.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 01 November 12 10:28 GMT (UK) »
YEP !!!  ;D

Looks like its our gal then  ;D

Journalistic liscence me thinks LOL!

Cheers
Jan :-* :-* :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 10 November 12 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan

PM sent with probate for Mabel Amelia Crabtree, including a death certificate.

cheers :)
cupoflife