Author Topic: Monkton St Nicholas Headstones & Memorials  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
Monkton St Nicholas Headstones & Memorials
« on: Sunday 04 November 12 16:37 GMT (UK) »
For anyone interested I have now completed an 82 page document (currently in draft format) photographing, recording and researching the last remaining headstones that stand around the walls of Monkton St Nicholas Churchyard. Added to this I have recorded & researched all the remaining internal memorials of Monkton St Nicholas Church.

Included in the above are the W.W. 1 and W.W. 2 plaques that are in the church, I have research from the W.W. 1 plaque not listed on any other website and I have additions from the village that are not listed at all on the W.W. 2 plaque. In addition I have included ex-servicemen who served and returned, the later covering the period from the early 1800’s upto the late 20th century.

I have researched the immediate families of all the above, my transcription of the Monkton St Nicholas Parish Registers for 1711 to the 1930’s being of great help to obtain the fullest research behind these headstones. This complements my transcription of Pembroke St Mary and St Michael P.R.’s 1711 to 1930’s.

The above can also be used in conjunction with Monkton L.T.A.’s at;
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/PEM/Pemtax1.html

The highlight of my efforts has been my discovery of the headstone of Joe King (See Pembs People by Richard Rose page 98 to 100), a headstone thought to have been long lost.

I am freely willing to supply details in answer to queries on a specific person in the village   

Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Monkton St Nicholas Headstones & Memorials
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 November 12 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Orielbenfro  :)

Thank you for your kind offer! Another fantastic piece of research will benefit those with Pembrokeshire ancestors.

Anyone who would like information, please open a new thread on the Lookups board, and send a courtesy PM to Orielbenfro.

Best Wishes
Morgan