Author Topic: Canadian Immigration List 1910  (Read 4641 times)

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sandra: Immigration List 1910
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 November 12 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Sandra, for all you investigations and research. Much of it is confused with wrongly connected names. You even have me in it which made me chuckle. 1959? That was my honeymoon date, hitchhiking 6 months in Europe.
Geo. was in and out of Canada-England a number of times before his last entry in 1910. That is the one I am looking for on a passenger list. 1910.

How can I see that specific 1910 passenger list?
Can you direct me to it?

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sandra
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 November 12 19:39 GMT (UK) »
And, Sandra, if you enjoy looking up people, I'll give you one I never found after age 13 in England [1881]. Possible death in 1938. He is not the family side you have been looking up. I put his name on Rootschat several times; no answer.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Immigration List 1910
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 November 12 20:34 GMT (UK) »
The names quoted in this thread are from records found in various places, the information given on those records can only be as good as the informants knowledge.

Happy Hunting. Good Luck,
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Jorose
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 November 12 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your link. Unfortunately Gampion, Mar 22, 1910 from Liverpool [as English records cite] for St. Johns in 21 days gets a negative read. George Jackson came to B.C. Canada about 1896, left several times and returned, this being his last after his English marriage. The 1911 Census will say 1907 for some reason. I have his wife in April, 1910 coming separately. as his daughter once told me she did. "He went ahead."  I don't know much about any US entry. If you have a link, please send it. I'll try.

Offline Meesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 15:34 GMT (UK) »
George Jackson born Stretton, Derbyshire 1876 married Mary Ann Bamford born 1879. Date and place of marriage unknown.  Parents of George unknown as British Census shows living with grandparents.  Looking for information to fill in the blanks.  I am grand daughter of George Jackson.

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 03:00 GMT (UK) »
If you really are his granddaughter, you must be very old. I have a great deal on the Jackson family, researched over [not continuously] 30 years. But, there were many George Jacksons. Mine lived in Derbyshire until dying. My mother was his granddaughter. He was an illusive guy to find before computers. They gave me his family background and after 1890; a postcard from him helped as did geographical knowledge from my Yorkshire cousin. What George Jackson specifically do you mean?
There was one who must have died young and one who immigrated to Canada.
What I never found was a photo of my Geo. Jackson and/or his wife.
A lot in Rootschat changed since I last used it. If you can get them to notify me in my email of your reply to this note, please do. I don't follow this program much anymore.

Offline Meesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 17:32 GMT (UK) »
My George Jackson is born 1876 Stretton, Derbyshire.  Lists parents as George Jackson & Hannah Purdy but appear to be his grandparents.  Married Sarah Jane Martin 1899 in Nanaimo, B.C.  Had one child named George born 1900.  She died 1900 and child died 1901. Then married Mary Ann Bamford date unknown.  Had the following children Hannah Mary born 1912, George Hugh born 1915 and William born 1919 all at Northfield, B.C.  George Jackson born 1876 died Nanaimo 1965, Maryon died 1935 Northfield, Hannah Mary died 2003 (Bagley) Nanaimo, George Hugh died 1967 Nanaimo.  I am new to roots chat and don't yet know how to contact you via e-mail. Maybe you could contact me?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Meesha,

Welcome to Rootschat

Delighted to see that the information found was correct. New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM (Personal message System) facility.
Reply here once more and then you can contact boscoe that way.

Just click on the name boscoe which takes you to another screen. Left hand menu click "send pm" and that will take you to the screen to write your message.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck
Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Meesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 14 March 13 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank You Sandra.  Are you also researching this Jackson family?