Author Topic: Maria McNally  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Polly19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maria McNally
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 November 12 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Kate's entry in 1901 Irish census has a space between the Mc and the Nally
I'm certain that she was a sister (maybe a half sister) of Margaret May's.

I'll follow up on the second London birth (east London) and see if its the correct one.

I think its back to the drawing board - the school register at PRONI may throw something up for me.

Thanks for all the help
Pauline
Harte / Hart Co. Armagh and Co.Down
Polland Co Down
Cunningham Newcastle Co Down
Doran Co. Down

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 November 12 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I found Kate in the census and have already tried McNally and Mc Nally for 1891  :-\

Good luck with the school enquiries and please let us know if you find anything.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline marilynmp

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 January 22 20:43 GMT (UK) »
To Polly19

My grandmother was Margaret May (Cunningham), and her sister was Kate. I believe we have the same people in common on your post. I know her mother's last name was McNally and understand my grandmother was born out of wedlock. Father was James Cunningham, which is why she was raised by Patrick and Catherine Cunningham in Newcastle, County Down, Ireland. She was in contact most of her life with Kate, but I have little knowledge of Kate other than her married name may have been Green (?).

What information do you have of Maria McNally?  I know there was a McNally family in the Newcastle, Ireland area. I have a DNA link to the McNally's via a Mary Burns. Burns was the maiden name of my great grandmother Catherine Burns Cunningham.