Author Topic: Ah-Kin Gin  (Read 10303 times)

Offline Hyjean

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ah-Kin Gin
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 22 August 19 07:48 BST (UK) »
 :)Bridget Reddin is my gt gt grandmother. She married Michael Cusack of Quin-Clooney Parish Co. Clare in 1852.
June 1854 for Van Dieman's Land arriving Hobart Town on "Maitland" September 1854. They were sponsored immigrants to a Dr Maddox of West Tamar & obviously made their way north.
Elizabeth Cusack was christened Launceston 11/12/1854=mother the former Bridget Reddin simply stated godparents Mary & Leo.
By 1855 Bridget Reddin-Cusack was remarried to Patrick Cassidy -lodging house keeper of Cimitiere St Launceston.
From then on Elizabeth was known as Cassidy. Patrick died & 20 years 1875 on Bridget Redden-Cusack-Cassidy married Michael O'Connor a farmer-man of property and fellow traveller on the Maitland. Eliza Cassidy was a witness at the wedding.
First child Bridget Cassidy 27/10/1856 2nd child Michael 14th January 1858-died 1881-Aged 26.
Michael O'Connor drowned in the Tamar Oct 1881
Elizabeth Cusack-Cassidy Ah Kin (married March 1875) 's husband died at Weld River July 1890-accidental explosion.
1892 Elizabeth Cusack-Cassidy-ah Kin marries Wing Chin at Ringarooma mining community-Grace Lilian Chin born later 1892.
Elizabeth died aged 47 23rd Feb 1896 -post partum on death Cert - her mother Bridget Reddin-Cusack-Cassidy O'Connor died April 1896.
Hope this is useful to the mix.
I should have added that I have followed the other Bridget C 'Australasia' & presented a session on her a few years back .Cheers. Hyjean ;D