Author Topic: New Lurgan Website  (Read 9091 times)

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
New Lurgan Website
« on: Saturday 16 April 11 22:21 BST (UK) »
I have been working for the past 5 months on my website www.lurgan-ancestry.co.uk.

I have a lot of the Street Directories uploaded and am currently working at the 1901 Ireland Census Records for Lurgan.

Please have a look, yes I have Google Ad's but any money made from them enables me to get more info to put onto the website. Its been a lot of hard work but am getting there.

Thanks.
lurgan-ancestry.co.uk, Lurgan and the McElroy family from Lurgan.

Offline doylers94

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Lurgan Website
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 April 11 21:53 BST (UK) »
Andy well done! I run  genealogy group in Lurgan and all the members are glad to see a Lurgan specific site.
Areas Lurgan and neighbouring townlands in the Parishes of Shankill and Seagoe, Toomebridge County Antrim, Queens County New York, Hartford Connecticut, Michigan USA. Names Doyle McElroy Pollock  Harte Neill Hall Mc Cully Wright Boyle Murray Mc Conaghy Mc Cann Brown Patterson Carson Hines Lauder Waters Watson Hendron Tweedy Warnock

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: New Lurgan Website
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 April 11 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Doylers,

I started looking at my family tree for McElroy and decided to try and take things further. 5 months later it has become a bit of an obsession and enjoy working on the site, so much.

There is so much infomation to try and upload and its very time consuming.

I have obtained a lot of the Street Directories for Lurgan and hope to upload these soon.

Am currently working at the 1901 Ireland Census, I have got Lurgan Urban and Lurgan Rural uploaded and am working at the other District Electoral Divisions for Lurgan; Brownlows Derry, Cornakinnegar, Montiaghs etc...

Its encouraging to know my work is appreciated. Thanks :)

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lurgan Free School Records 1786 - 1795 (Published)
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 September 11 21:44 BST (UK) »
I have the Lurgan Free School Records for 1786-95, contains well over 500 names. If anyone would like me to check a name, let me know.

The Register contains the childs name and age, names of both parents, religion and their address.

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lurgan Free School Records 1786 - 1795
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 February 12 22:18 GMT (UK) »
I have published the Lurgan Free School Records for 1786 - 1795, on my website www.lurgan-ancestry.co.uk

The Register contains over 500 names of the pupils from Shankill parish who attended the school between the dates of 1786 and 1795.

The Register lists the pupils name and age, and also lists their parents, residence, religion and date of registration.   

The Register is free to view and can be found by clicking on the link below.

http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/lurgan-free-school-records-for-1786-1795/

Thanks,

Andy.

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
School Teachers in County Armagh
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 February 12 23:25 GMT (UK) »
The Irish Education Inquiry of 1826 obtained a return of all the schools in Ireland from the Protestant and Catholic Clergy. The published document listed the schools by County - Barony - Parish - Townland. County Armagh had a return of over 300 schools.

I have published the schools return for County Armagh at the following link;

http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/irish-education-inquiry-1826/

The list includes the Barony and Parish, the townland the school was held, the name of the school-master or school-mistress, their religion, the number of pupils attending the school and a description of the school.

I hope it helps in those searching for ancestors from County Armagh.

Regards,

Andy.

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Tenants on the Manor of Brownlows-Derry, Lurgan, c.1670-1799.
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 May 12 21:57 BST (UK) »
For those researching ancestors from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, I would recommend they look at the List of Tenants on the Manor of Brownlows-Derry, Lurgan, c.1670-1799.

The List of Tenants is located at the following link,

http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/tenants-on-the-manor-of-brownlows-derry-1670-1799/

There are approx. 570 tenants listed and contains; the name of the tenant, occupation, townland, and the date recorded in the lease-books of Lord Lurgan.

Good Luck,
Andy,

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Subscribers' to 'Odes and Elegies' 1797.
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 June 12 22:23 BST (UK) »
John Corry (1770 - 1825) was a writer from outside Newry who published a Volume of Poems in 1797, ' Odes and Elegies, Descriptive & Sentimental: With The Patriot; A Poem.'

The collection of work attracted a lot of subscribers, including some United Irishmen.

I have listed the Subscribers' Names (500+), mostly from Co. Armagh & Co. Down, and the area they resided.

The subscribers' to 'Odes and Elegies' can be located at the following link,

http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/subscribers-to-odes-and-elegies-1797/

Andy.

Offline AndyMcElroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lurgan Model School
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 August 12 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have just published the list of the pupils of Lurgan Model School for the years 1869-70, and 1880 who were mentioned in the Annual Examination List, published by the Belfast News-Letter Newspaper. The lists contain over 200 pupil names so hoping it will be of some benefit to your forum members.

The 1869 list: http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/lurgan-model-school-prize-list-1869/

The 1870 list: http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/lurgan-model-school-prize-list-1870/

The 1880 list: http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/lurgan-model-school-prize-list-in-december-1880/

I will be visiting PRONI in the near future and hope to get the school register's for Lurgan Model School for 1863 - 1950's.

Hope it helps,
Andy.