Author Topic: Hannah Jackson  (Read 7099 times)

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Jackson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 November 12 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you once again

Tweedmouth  and Spittal ??? ???

Where I have Hannah born also picked up as Spittal

At one time Spittal came under Tweedmouth ( Durham and Northumberland )so this comes to be difficult with some of my relative's I have no idea when these two places split to become their own little places
But Tweedmouth and Spittal now come under Berwick upon Tweed and are on the Borders of Nothumberland and Scotland

I also have another relative thats comes from Scotland and I'm sure should be Tweedmouth as the rest of the children were all born Tweedmouth

Just reading back Tom Bell Jackson could be William Sens daughters Elizabeth or Hannah's  son ??????

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 November 12 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Hannah Earnshaw ( Jackson ) born 1854 aged 47 in 1901 census is the aunt of the Hannah Jackson I am looking born 1869 for,..... and Mary aged 14 must be her daughter .
They must be visiting William Jackson sen

Crisane ,
you should see the bit of paper in front of me with me reckoning who is who here
 it does get complicated when there are one or two with the same names in the family   LOL ;D
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 November 12 20:45 GMT (UK) »
You're right, Hannah Earnshaw is the dau of William Jackson snr and the brother of William jnr school teacher and therefore the aunt of Hannah Jackson (dau of William Jackson jnr and Hannah Stuart Davidson)

I find it handy to draw a tree to sort them all out.

Here is the birth of Mary Lilian Earnshaw
Births Sep 1/4 1886   
Mary Lilian J Earnshaw Rochdale 8e/6

There is this marriage. On same page FreeBMD

Marriages Jun 1/4 1886   
George Earnshaw and Hannah Jackson Registration district Thirsk vol 9d page 591

Whether George died (there are a few contenders in the whole of UK 1886 to 1891) or Hannah just left him? 

Although the 1891 and 1901 censuses say Hannah and Mary Earnshaw are visitors I think they are actually living with Hannah's familyand continue to do so.        

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 November 12 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Births Dec 1/4 1880   

Tom Bell Jackson   Thirsk    9d/408

Only the certificate will tell you for sure if Tom is the son of Elizabeth or Hannah.

Marriages Jun 1/4 1914 
Florence Biggins and Tom B Jackson    Thirsk vol 9d/914    

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 November 12 22:28 GMT (UK) »
I see in FreeBMD a birth for a Geoffrey W Jackson Sep 1/4 1914 Thirsk
a possibility this is Tom and Florence's son

Good idea about a chart
I have this all down as I need to enter this family into my family tree site
Many thanks once again
Elizabeth

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 19 November 12 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Yes I would say that birth is a definite. There are numerous other Jackson births with mother's maiden name Biggins but none in Thirsk and a big gap between 1914 in Thirsk and 1931 in Birmingham

Death
Tom B Jackson
age 73 born abt 1881
Registered Mar 1/4 1954
Thirsk Yorkshire North Riding
vol 1b page 989

Death
Florence Jackson
age 73 born abt 1888
Registered Dec 1/4 1961
Registered Thirsk Yorkshire North Riding
vol 1b page 884

Got a bit side tracked from your query - a marriage for Hannah Jackson born 1869/70 Tweedmouth/Spittall/ Scotland!

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 November 12 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Wow you have been busy

I have been gooling William Jackson Builders Thirsk and it seems it was a family business way back
But no found anything for me

Elizabeth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Wow you have been busy

I have been gooling William Jackson Builders Thirsk and it seems it was a family business way back
But not found anything for me

Elizabeth