Author Topic: ERO update  (Read 4276 times)

Offline megsnan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ERO update
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 20:22 GMT (UK) »
I just saw that they have added more - St Osyth is there

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 22:46 GMT (UK) »
I just saw that they have added more - St Osyth is there

Wonderful, thanks for the heads up, now I know what I'll be looking at this weekend. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline colcourt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 20 December 12 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Looks like Christmas has come early - the ERO blog says that all their parish registers (except post 1957 marriages) have now been added to Essex Ancestors.
 :)

Offline helvissa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 December 12 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Nice one! It looks like they've done Romford as well now, which hadn't been done before.

I wish they'd start doing the non-Conformist registers that they hold! I spose now that they've done most of the CofE churches they can maybe start doing those at some point? I can hope....

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 December 12 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Nice one! It looks like they've done Romford as well now, which hadn't been done before.

Pre-1837 Romford has been on there all along, I assume you refer to the later PRs.  I went through Romford myself earlier this year.

I wish they'd start doing the non-Conformist registers that they hold! I spose now that they've done most of the CofE churches they can maybe start doing those at some point? I can hope....

Judging by the blog I think they're likely to complete the remainder of the Wills plus the Waltham Forest Archives PRs possibly before any non-conformist are completed.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline helvissa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 28 December 12 15:02 GMT (UK) »
That's what I mean! ;)

I'm assuming that Walthamstowe is Waltham Forest? Would be good for those to go online - there's a few things I need to look for there.

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 28 December 12 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Regarding Non conformist registers, I queried when they might be added to Essex Ancestors back in Aug 2011, the reply was that the ERO will be adding them but couldn't give a time scale at that stage.

Regards
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 28 December 12 23:00 GMT (UK) »
I'm assuming that Walthamstowe is Waltham Forest? Would be good for those to go online - there's a few things I need to look for there.

Waltham Forest is the Borough, separate from Walthamstowe which is the town/parish for want of a better description.  There is also Waltham Holy Cross not far north of Walthamstowe but that's already on SEAX as the PRs are at Chelmsford.  Waltham Holy Cross is also often referred to as Waltham Abbey, but I think that officially is part of Hertfordshire.  Apart from newer parishes, the three missing historical parishes whose registers are at Waltham Forest Archives are Leyton, Leytonstone and Walthamstowe if memory serves me right.  All of which border Middlesex annoyingly. ::)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 29 December 12 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The ERO does have fiche of PRs for places like Leyton, Leytonstone and Walthamstowe but unfortunately the earliest years seem to be in the bracket of late 1800s to early 1900s and none of course on the SEAX system. 

Apparently the records the ERO have on fiche for those places were copied from the originals held at Vestry House, you have to wonder why the ERO haven't the earlier PRs on fiche, there must be PRs for those areas dating back to the late 1500s/early 1600s.  I'm wondering if you have to pay to see the originals at Vestry house, that being a nice little earner for Vestry House, perhaps that's being overly suspicious  ;D

Regards.   
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk