Author Topic: Clamp family new bradwell  (Read 4070 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Clamp family new bradwell
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tazzie

I saw that one on freebmd but dismissed it because of the location.  I think it's looking a likely candidate in the absence of anything in Suffolk.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 13:25 GMT (UK) »
I would think that marriage could be correct, but only going on my experience with my rellies.   Plenty of mine went to London from Buckinghamshire.  Obviously, more research is needed.

Oh, forgot to mention.  No other CLAMP records in Cublington PR's for them.  The only record is the the marriage for John Henry Clamp.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline pnoenix

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 February 14 18:47 GMT (UK) »
I haven't been on here for years, as I lost interest in family history for a while, and other things got in the way.
Fascinated to read all this, as I too am descended from John and Lizzie Clamp, through their daughter Florence (my gran).
All the facts everyone on here have posted are correct, thank you.  I have pm'ed the OP and hope he will get in touch.
Be interested to hear from anyone else who is also researching the Clamp family.  They came to Bucks from Fersfield, Norfolk via Old Newton, Suffolk, and the menfolk all ended up working in the railway works.  Lizzie was descended from a huge family of Cheneys in Cublington.
My gran lived in Caledonian Road until her death in 1984.