Author Topic: Northam pub  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Northam pub
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 July 13 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm away from home at the moment but I do know I have a Mary Kelly, born 1787 in Northam. Parents were George and Elizabeth nee Hooper, is this the same Mary?

Will write when I return home.

Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Schooner

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 August 13 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Trees

That is correct about Mary (1787). She was an elder sister of George (1790). Their parents were George and Elizabeth nee Hooper.

George and Elizabeth nee Hooper were the x3 Great grandparents of Annie Nichols Kelly.

Dave sent a reply back to me, which was very interesting and I have now sent him a copy of the tree that I have had for 9 years from a family member, which has more factual and correct details than most that I have seen in reference to Annie's direct family line on the web.

How do you fit into the Kelly tree and did you ever find the elusive "Mariners" Inn?

Regards
Schooner ;D

ACKLAND / JONES – Berrynarbor/Nevada/Nebraska/East Indian Company.
BENNETT – Abbotsham/Appledore/Bideford/Ilfracombe/Northam/Cardiff/Swansea/Newport/Newton Abbot/Penarth/Plymouth/Weymouth.
BOON – Appledore/Combe-Martin.
BOYEN – Ashburton/Charles/Stoke Rivers/Ilfracombe/Grimsby.
KIVELL – North Devon.
MOGRIDGE – Bratton Fleming/Charles/South Molton/Ilfracombe.
MUXWORTHY – Great & Little Torrington/West Buckland/Fremington/Appledore/Bideford.
POLLARD – Cawsand/Porlock/Ilfracombe.
SEARL - Bridgwater

Offline Fairley V

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 December 19 18:06 GMT (UK) »
 Hi everyone
I have just discovered your posts and very interested in any help you can assist with.
I am a direct descendant of George and Elizabeth Kelly also and hoping to gain more info. Will be travelling to the UK in 2020 and hope to visit the area if Appledore Northam etc and time go to the Maritime museum. I have only just begun my quest but starting to gather family info. Would be so grateful for any help
King Regards  :)

Offline DBH776

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 July 23 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Been awhile since I was on here and since my last post I have moved to Hartland in North Devon and I volunteer at the North Devon Maritime Museum on a Monday morning as an archivist and, I also am a volunteer at the Bideford and District Community Archives on a Tuesday morning.

If I can assist anyone in matters relating to Bideford, Appledore or any North Devon area in maritime or family tree aspects, please get in touch.

Schooner: Hope all is well