Author Topic: Waldon Parish  (Read 1739 times)

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waldon Parish
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Sent you a PM in relation to the Curate of the first marriage. It confirms the church was in Saffron Walden.

Cobbs.

Thanks for that. His name appears on the second page of the second one too, so it's a fair assumption that both marriages were in Saffron Walden, the latter being missing from the register. I suppose there is a chance that although the license was granted, the marriage never went ahead.

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Found these...........

1806 Stock DRAITON & Sarah HOY, Heydon
1818 James DRAITON & Elizabeth CHAMBERLAIN, Heydon
1823 Stock DRAITON & Sarah BRAND, Wendon Ambo
1835 James DRAITON & Mary Ann MORRIS, Heydon

Cobbs.

Thanks. They are a bit late to be of much interest to me (the name disappeared from my direct line in the early 18th century), apart from showing that the first name Stock has been something of a tradition since at least the early 17th century.

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Well I went back into my Atlas and finally found Heydon, according to my Atlas these days it's just over the border in Cambridgeshire, I should have checked the location of the Cambridgeshire Heydon on the map before posting, der!  :-[

Regards.

It's shown as in Essex in my copy of Phillimore's Atlas of Parish Registers though. They must have sneakily moved the border one night...  :)