Author Topic: henry bruckshaw  (Read 13784 times)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
Re: henry bruckshaw
« Reply #54 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, the Alice Ashton on the 1841 is a Higginbotham:-

Marriage Alice Higginbotham to Richard Ashton Dec qtr 1837 Stockport v19 page 247

Marriage 17th December 1837 St Mary Stockport, Cheshire

Richard Ashton Full age Father Richard Ashton
Alice Higginbotham Father John Higginbotham

Baptisms at Christ Church, Denton Father John Mother Rebecca

Harriet 9th October 1825
Rebecca 6th April 1823
Charlotte 4th November 1821
Alice 26th February 1815
Eliza born 27th June 1827 christened 12th August 1827

:) Plus as you quite rightly noted Rebecca was Mother in Law to somebody in 1861!
Keyboard86
all hannas younger sisters ,seems to be no brothers
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:42 GMT (UK) »
hiya i thought hannah because she s the oldest  mistaken betty is the older sister born 1807  and she was the one who married henry brookshaw who had henry my gg granfather .i was just trying to track down her husband henrys birth record ,it says frm the info u gave me  :) that his birth place is ashton .do you know if ashton is the same place as ashton under lyne or are they seperate ,i only ask because i found a birth for a henry brookshaw in 1810 ashton under lyne and the mother is millicent 
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:43 GMT (UK) »
 :) You'll be glad to know that hopefully a Rootschat friend is now on the case for us, Lancs/Cheshire are their area, but above post from you looks ok to me, we will see!
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:43 GMT (UK) »
hiya i thought hannah because she s the oldest  mistaken betty is the older sister born 1807 )  .i was just trying to track down her husband henrys birth record ,it says frm the info u gave me  :) that his birth place is ashton .do you know if ashton is the same place as ashton under lyne or are they seperate ,i only ask because i found a birth for a henry brookshaw in 1810 ashton under lyne and the mother is millicent 

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:45 GMT (UK) »
:) You'll be glad to know that hopefully a Rootschat friend is now on the case for us, Lancs/Cheshire are their area, but above post from you looks ok to me, we will see!
Keyboard86
thats cool thankyou  :),am just getting to the confusing part now with henry and milicent 

Offline RonOne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 30 November 12 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Do you already have this?

Manchester General Cemetery, Consecrated Section, Grave 362
Pos - Burial Date - Name
1. 13/03/1893 - Alfred Bruckshaw
2. 16/05/1896 - Henry Bruckshaw
3. 16/01/1907 - Hannah Goodhall
4. 28/06/1919 - Hannah Brukshaw[sic]
5. 14/08/1920 - Frederick Carter
6. 15/04/1922 - Charles Carter

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 30 November 12 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Keyboard86
thats cool thankyou  :),am just getting to the confusing part now with henry and milicent 
ive just put henrys father as unknown for now as we dont know and im not sure which one is the correct parents for milli  heather found  two births for a millicent bruckshaw one in 1879 parents henry and mary and another in 91 with a father called george no mum mentioned .and as regards to rebbeca lees ive just put benjamin lees down as father i think its correct because its denton st lawrance and the correct birth year just a shame the mother is not mentioned ,

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 30 November 12 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Do you already have this?

Manchester General Cemetery, Consecrated Section, Grave 362
Pos - Burial Date - Name
1. 13/03/1893 - Alfred Bruckshaw
2. 16/05/1896 - Henry Bruckshaw
3. 16/01/1907 - Hannah Goodhall
4. 28/06/1919 - Hannah Brukshaw[sic]
5. 14/08/1920 - Frederick Carter
6. 15/04/1922 - Charles Carter
hi rondon ,no i have not got any burial transcriptions .i wonder if the hannah bruckshaw on there is lily bruckshaws mother and the henry could be the husband as he fell down a fire pitt and died when my g granmother was a little girl

Offline RonOne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 30 November 12 20:20 GMT (UK) »
The corresponding death registrations for Henry and Hannah are:

Deaths Jun 1896
BRUCKSHAW Henry - aged 43 - Manchester 8d 184
(born circa 1853)

Deaths Jun 1919
BRUCKSHAW Hannah - aged 64 - Chorlton 8c 807