Author Topic: Reade/Lawrence/Evans Family  (Read 6464 times)

Offline Ezbm22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reade/Lawrence/Evans Family
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 24 July 22 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip,

Esther has been very much a brick wall for me. & still trying  to find information on her & her family. Not having much luck. The only stuff I have is a transcript of her death certificate & I only got that in the last week or so. & newspaper article about her accident. It wasn’t till I got Esther death certificate that I found out about her 1st husband & that Ernest & Eva had different fathers.

The death certificate say her father is John bates Lawrence & mother Mary maiden name unknown. & her father occupation as retired.
I have checked with the UK birth, Death & Marriage. & there is a birth for Esther Lawrence born Liverpool 1849 & her mother is Mary née Slater. I have not found her father listed as John bates Lawrence anywhere in the UK. But there is a death record in NZ for one & a grave 1904 aged 88. Which say his with his daughter Elizabeth. She was born Liverpool 1852. Mother née Slater.

Give the years on the death certificate. She would have gone to New Zealand in about 1864. & then to NSW in about 1884. I wouldn’t hold these years as 100% actually tho. As the certificate also says she was 55 at the time of death. Some newspapers said she was 59. & the birth record in UK says 1849. It also said her 1st marriage she was 19 & 24 for her 2nd.

I haven’t been able to find anything on Ernest or Henry her sons. I also don’t have anything on Esther 2nd husband Henry other then he worked for the New Zealand insurance company. But I have not found a birth or death for him.

My 2nd Great-Grandmother is her daughter Eva. She married Reginald Buist in NSW, 1900. They when to Western Australian. Where they had two children. Where when Esther accident happened.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 24 July 22 07:34 BST (UK) »

Where and when did Esther die?

Can you please list all the information on the death certificate that you have.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 24 July 22 07:44 BST (UK) »

NSW BDM death
2402/1907  EVANS Esther  parents John B / Mary   @  Parramatta

Sydney Morning Herald 15 Jan 1907 p12
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/14815113?
EVANS.—The Friends and Relatives of the late Esther EVANS, dearly beloved wife of Henry
EVANS, late of Guildford, who was killed through railway accident on the 12th inst, are kindly invited to attend her Funeral, THIS DAY, at 9, from Parramatta Hospital, to Necropolis.

Sydney Mail and New South Wales Advertiser  16 Jan 1907 p185
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/165388071?
EVANS.— January 12, at Parramatta District Hospital, Esther Evans, aged 54 years.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 24 July 22 08:03 BST (UK) »
Ancestry Sydney Anglican Parishes BDM

St John Darlinghurst  24 May 1900
BUIST  Reginald Templeton    bachelor   b. Woolloomooloo Sydney Hairdresser  27y
Residence: 106 Oxford St Paddington
Parents:     Robert BUIST, tobacconist, Elizabeth Ann TEMPLETON

EVANS Eva Mary Laura                  spinster    b. Gisborne, NZ    23y
Residence:  34 The Avenue Camperdown
Parents:     Henry EVANS, insurance agent, Esther LAWRENCE

witnesses Sara COLLINS       *********

Scrutineer and Berrima District Press 16 Jan 1907  p2
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/125559038?
........Mrs. Esther Evans, wife of Mr. Henry EVANS, district fire insurance agent, of Argyle street, Moss Vale, had been fatally injured on the railway line at Guildford on 8aturday evening. Mrs. Evans, who was very hard of hearing, had been out shopping on Saturday afternoon, and had left a parcel at the Guildford railway station.....

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 24 July 22 08:35 BST (UK) »

Scrutineer and Berrima District Press 3 Jan 1917 p2
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/132977430?
Death.— Oa Dec. 8th, 1916, at Aldgate, Preston Point road, East Fremantle (W.A.), the death took
place of Miss Alice Margaret (Wylie) Evans, daughter of Mr. E. A. Evans in her 20th year.

Deceased was the grand- daughter of Mr. H. Evans, our popular townsman ; she was in
Moss Vale a few weeks ago on a visit to her grandfather, and made many friends during the time spent here..........on her return journey (at Adelaide) that the late Miss Evans became ill, which on
her arrival home resulted in acute appendicitis........

The West Australian 9 Dec 1916 p1
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/26999654?
EVANS.—On December 8, 1916, at Aldgate, Preston Point-road, East Fremantle, Alice Margaret
(Wylie), dearly beloved and only daughter of Ernest Alfred and Blanche Rose Evans, aged 20 years.

Offline snook

• RootsChat Member
  • Allways rocking on,trying to complete my Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 24 July 22 21:58 BST (UK) »
Ezbm22
John Bates Lawrence is the 8th child of John & Mary.

PM me with a email & i'll send you the images of what i've got to you.

You may see the PM i sent you a few days ago.

Cheers Phillip.

Ps Thanks to all that has added to this post  :) :) :)
Murray,Scotland,Tobago,Usa,N.Z.
Reade,Ireland,Eng,N.Z.
Hughes,Eng
Teague,Cornwall,N.Z.
Honey,Eng,Aus,N.Z.
Drew,Eng
Hansfords,Dorset,Southampton,Lancashire,Glasgow,London,USA & N.Z.

Offline Sandgroper6

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 09:33 BST (UK) »
to anyone who is interested  in the descendants of Esther Lawrence , Redmond Reade and Henry Evans . My name is Barbara (*) my husband (*) (82yrs old) is the illegitimate great grandson of Redmond Reade and Esther Lawrence. This information has only been authenticated through Ancestry dna in 2020/21. I may be able to fill in missing information sort after for Esther and her descendants after she came to Australia.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.