Author Topic: Brodick Family Buried at St. Nicholas in Peper Harow  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Brodick Family Buried at St. Nicholas in Peper Harow
« on: Tuesday 04 December 12 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello all!

I wanted to turn to you to see if you can help me find St. Nicholas.  One leg of my family tree has the Brodick family being buried at St. Nicholas in Peper Harow.  However, when I go looking for latitude longitude for input into findagrave.com on google maps, there is no place that appears to have St. Nicholas in Peper Harow.  There is a St. Mary's closeby...but no St. Nicholas.

Thanks again. 

All of you on rootschat have been so helpful.

With much appreciation

Carole
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brodick Family Buried at St. Nicholas in Peper Harow
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 December 12 22:14 GMT (UK) »
1868 Gazeteer
Pepper harrow (or Peper-Harow)..... the living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester £200....the church dedicated to St Nicholas was considerably enlarged and a tower added in 1826 by the late Viscount Midleton. Peper Harow Park residence of Viscount Midleton contains portraits of the Brodricks and of Charles V by Titian

If you put Genuki Church database into a search engine - there is a picture of St Nicholas -also a grid reference

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 December 12 22:20 GMT (UK) »
this is also a very good site - pics of Church /graveyard/and information
http://www.peperharow.info/church.htm

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline bdmayes

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Manning and Bray's History of Surrey (published in 1809) has a pedigree of Brodrick of Peper Harrow and also details of the memorial to Thomas Brodrick Esq, Vice Admiral of the Red (died 1769) and his family.  I can supply these details if you do not already have them.

Brian

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 14:17 GMT (UK) »
I have JUST started to do research on the Brodick and Brouncker lines.  I would love that information!  All of you are simply the "BEST"   :) :) :)

Thanks EVER ever so much!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline bdmayes

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 14:57 GMT (UK) »
The M.I.:

Against the North wall of the Chancel, on a small marble:

To the memory of Thomas Brodrick Esq. Vice Admiral of the Red: who after an active and faithful service of fifty years, died January 1, 1769, aged LXIV, and lies interred here.

Also Mary his wife, who died July 16 1759 aged 50.

Likewise their four daughters, viz. Alethia who died Feb 16 1763 aged 27. Mary-Elizabeth who died Dec 27 1761 aged 22. Ann and Charlotte, twins, who died in their infancy Apr 3 1745.

If you PM me your email address I will photograph the pedigree (20 generations) and send  it on, plus a copy of an engraving of Peper Harrow Manor House where they lived.

Peper Harrow bapts;

25 Mar 1744 Edward Broderick son of Hon, Capt Thomas and Mrs Mary

5 Apr 1745 Ann and Charlotte daus of Captain Thomas and Mrs Mary

Burials:

24 Jun 1760  Mrs Broderick wife of Vice Admiral

2 Jan 1762 Mary Broderick dau of Vice Admiral

24 Feb 1763 (blank) Broderick dau of Vice Admiral

8 Jan 1769 Vice-admiral Brodrick

?? plus 1 May 1782 Edward Bradnick (sic) senior

Brian

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 December 12 20:49 GMT (UK) »
HUGS of appreciation sent your way...this will definitely help a LOT.  YOU are the BEST....TRULY do DO appreciate the help!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)