Author Topic: How do I reply  (Read 1423 times)

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
How do I reply
« on: Wednesday 01 June 05 12:36 BST (UK) »
2 questions - how do I reply to someone to thank or help them and any suggestions for a family tree programme? thanks in advance
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How do I reply
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 June 05 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi suziq

To reply to someone, click on the "reply" button which you will find underneath every posting, on the right-hand side, together with three other buttons, saying "notify", "send to a friend" and "print".

This takes you to another box which looks like the box you get when you start a new topic.  Type your reply/message into the box.  Either Preview it before posting or just post it.  The buttons to do so are in the middle under the box where you type your message. :)

Family History programmes - lots to choose from.  Have a look at the Common Room board and the Technical Help board - there have been discussions about people's favourites, or what to choose.  At the end of the day, though, it has to be up to you.  Look at what others say before you decide what would suit your needs.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How do I reply
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 June 05 14:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks will do that!
Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex