Author Topic: Upper Ormond Quay  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Lindajane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Upper Ormond Quay
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 March 13 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,

Eliza Thomas married William O'Brien of 27 Ormond Quay. She was my great great grandmothers younger sister. I would be interested to learn more about her and what happened to her children.

My great great grandmother had a brother called Stephen and I have just gotten in touch with his descendants. I would love to do the same with the O'Briens.

Linda

Offline DudleyWinchurch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 March 13 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

I'm not sure that we have a connection, but will try to put together a time-line for my O'Briens and get back to you. 

I started from the fact that members of my family (O'Brien descendants but mostly of the girls, so different married names), all turned up at the various houses 28, 29 and 30 Upper Ormond Quay over a considerable space of time and then spotted that the only constant seemed to be a family of O'Briens living at 27. 

If ours are related it would be through the earliest O'Brien that I have info on at present - so no parent or sibling data as yet, but there seems to be a connection to a James, who might be the father.

Do you have a father's name for your William? Or any address where he resided before Upper Ormond Quay?

With such a common name, it's possible that this is all a co-incidence but was hoping that it might lead to another step backwards.

I'm going to be away again in between so it might take a couple of weeks to list out all the addresses (with dates) relating to this family, but I'll try to get back to you soon, with that info.

Sheila
McDonough, Oliver, McLoughlin, O'Brien, Cuthbert, Keegan, Quirk(e), O'Malley, McGuirk (Ireland)
Dudley, Winchurch, Wolverson, Brookes (Black Country)
Concannon, Moore, Markowski (Markesky), Mottram, Lawton (Black Country)

Offline makfai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 October 13 20:20 BST (UK) »
Just saw mention of this address and the reference to 'tailors'.  My Gt Grandfather's (John Murphy's) address when he married in 1876 was 3 Upper Ormond Quay and he was a tailor.

Might I ask what reference material is being used to produce the info (very useful!) on the residents/occupations of this location?

Offline glasgowboots

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hello there,

Eliza Thomas married William O'Brien of 27 Ormond Quay. She was my great great grandmothers younger sister. I would be interested to learn more about her and what happened to her children.

My great great grandmother had a brother called Stephen and I have just gotten in touch with his descendants. I would love to do the same with the O'Briens.

Linda

Hi there,

My great great great grandmother is Eliza Thomas. Her daughter, my great great grandmother Angela Mary Christie, married Patrick Christie. Angela was baptised near Phoenix Park but moved to Cleland, near Glasgow. Her siblings were scattered around, I can get more information if you would like.

Angela Mary Christie and Patrick Christie had many children together, and I have a lot of information on their lives. I am 26 years old and knew their daughter Angela, my great grand mother, who passed away when I was in high school!

My gran and I are doing ancestry work together right now, and have many incredible stories and pictures we would be happy to share!