Author Topic: NSW: James BUSHELL, Born Kent 1843  (Read 7789 times)

Offline Moses

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: NSW: James BUSHELL, Born Kent 1843
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 September 16 08:39 BST (UK) »
Have just read this thread. I am researching the James Bushell Family in NSW Australia. Am finding this very interesting. Anyone out there still interested - would like to share and compare information.
Lyn Kirkland
Dorey ( Dorset) , Chapman ( Dorset), Marsh ( Dorset) Stevens ( Dorset), Cross ( Cambridge)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 September 16 06:39 BST (UK) »
hi Lyn and welcome to Rootschat.

Tony (BAC3) is researching many of the 'Parkhurst boys' who were sent to Australia in the mid 1800s, and it seems that James BUSHELL was one of them.

You may already have this information:
Austcemindex has a photo of the grave of James BUSHELL b 1843 and his wife Jane at Clunes cemetery, NSW.  There are other BUSHELL gravestones shown: James b abt 1871 and his wife Beatrice (nee Clarke), Beatrice Mabel BUTLER (nee BUSHELL)

You may be interested in a number of KIRKLAND graves plus some with surname MOSES (just going on your surname and your chosen R'chat name).  Probably good to look at the whole list of MIs at Clunes as there is at least one 'nee Moses)
http://austcemindex.com/?cemetery=clunes&state=NSW

Judith
(I have no further knowledge of your family - I'm just one of the genealogy fanatics who inhabit this site and enjoy the searches.)  ;D

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Moses

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 September 16 07:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Judith for your reply
Hope Tony ( BAC3) sees my post and gets in touch.
We live about 30 minutes drive from Clunes Cemetery and have visited many time over the years.
James Bushell was my husband's great grandfather, his daughter Mary Adelaide married Thomas Ernest Kirkland. Sorry with the confusion with my Roots chat name , no connection to any Moses family.
James obituary states ( if correct) he was 14 years when he came to Australia by himself- so that would make it 1857- which would possibly make the Nimrod right.
I am trying to follow up researching on all the bits of information that have come to light in this thread. Many thanks again, Lyn
Dorey ( Dorset) , Chapman ( Dorset), Marsh ( Dorset) Stevens ( Dorset), Cross ( Cambridge)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 September 16 07:43 BST (UK) »
According to the info found by Tony, James may have been as young as 11 when he left for Australia.

Just adding the ref to his obit
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/93688776

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 23 September 16 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Judith and Lyn,

Sadly these latest 2016 posts were not filtered through to me and only because of a stroke of complete good fortune I came across them and, obviously, am delighted with the contents. 

Hopefully we can now be re-connected and exchange all the information we have.

For the moment

Tony

Offline Moses

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 24 September 16 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony,
Thanks for replying and glad you found my post.
My husband is the great great grandson of James Bushell but I am the one doing the research.
Have done a fair bit on the family in Australia.
Would love to make contact and compare info.
Not sure if I am allowed to put my e-mail in these messages - if so will give you my address or leave yours and i will be in touch
We live in Lismore about 30 minutes drive to Clunes Cemetery where James and his wife are burid
Bye for now
Lyn Kirkland

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 24 September 16 08:32 BST (UK) »
Moses, you can use the Private Message system.

Click on BAC3's name on the left of one of his posts and you will get to his profile.  Again on the left side you will see "Send PM".  Click on this and you can send a private message which can include email addresses.

Judith

Offline coraki

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 17:58 GMT (UK) »
James BUSHELL and Jane GILLESPIE
Are listed in my  family Tree data

Join
NORTH COAST NSW FAMILIES  Past & Present
https://www.facebook.com/groups/661391397329985/

Rod

Offline Moses

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rod, How are you connected to James and Jane?
I am already a member of North Coast Families- Past& Present

Lyn Kirkland