Author Topic: Treloar family,Kooringa,Burra  (Read 4658 times)

Offline kasden

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Treloar family,Kooringa,Burra
« Reply #9 on: Friday 31 July 15 02:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Benelle
I would be very happy to pass  this postcard on to you if you are interested in family memorabilia.
It is addressed to Mrs F Treloar. Kooringa, Burra, near Adelaide, South Australia.
It reads as follows: (as far as my de-ciphering can ascertain  :))
'I am in Brighton for a few days, so am writing a few cards, Kindest regards Annie Port "
Well I think the surname looks like Port anyway...then there are two words that I cannot make out..something like the hotel address perhaps ...
I'd be pleased to mail this little bit of family history to you if would  you like to have it.
Cheers
Kasden

Offline Lynne Lewis

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 March 16 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could post some pictures of Frank Treloar when he was older, maybe in his 60's. My husband woke one night with a man named Frank sitting on a bed next to him at Bimbowrie Station and my curiosity has got the better of me. Thanks

Offline kasden

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 March 16 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Lynne I have passed the postcard on to this persons descendants...they may be able to supply a picture...what a bizarre experience for your husband,...would be interested to see how this pans out. Best of luck
Kasden

Offline Marc Hoffrichter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 04:05 BST (UK) »
Hello.  This is a long shot in the dark as it's been a long time since anyone has posted on this thread.
My name is Marc Hoffrichter, I am the son of one of the Treloars adopted children.  My mother has long since passed and she would never speak of her childhood only to say she was adopted.
Several things have just recently fallen into place and after some basic searching they have lead me here.
I am reaching out to anyone on this thread that can help me piece together my mothers side of the family.

The attachment is a photo of whom my mother always referred to as her mum.  The young girl, I am unsure.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Kind regards.
Marc

Offline Marc Hoffrichter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 April 21 04:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah.  I keep getting errors or 'not allowed' messages when trying to use chat or PM.
Trying to get hold of benelle8.  Hopefully she still responds to here.