Author Topic: look up for marriage  (Read 3250 times)

Offline johannah1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
look up for marriage
« on: Wednesday 19 December 12 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. My sister in law died recently and she was born 6th feb 1950. Her name was margaret edwards born liverpool lancashire england. She  definetly married * in 1974  in Liverpool England. I found that marriage. It was later annulled quite soon afterwards. I am told she later married * but cannot find a record of this on ancestry site. * came from the Isle of man and i wonder if she married there. It would have be after 1974 but before1988. Just wondering if anyone has access to the Isle of man records of marriage as she may have married * there. This 2nd marriage  may be under the surname Edwards or * but i know from 1988 she called herself margaret edwards her maiden name. she was divorced i believe from this * at some point around 1988/9.c an anyone in the Isle of man help me to find a marriage date between those years please? thank you

* see next reply

admin08

Re: look up for marriage
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, johannah1  :)

RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives.
Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

You will also find more tips here:
Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
and
Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

Although your sister-in-law Margaret is deceased it's possible that one or both of her husbands could still be alive so I've removed their names from your post. I'm not sure what Isle of Man records will be available for such a recent period (others will hopefully be able to tell you that) but it's possible details will not be available online.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 09:12 GMT (UK) »
You can look yourself on manxbmd.com.
But ignore all the headings about dates!!
It says marriages to 1911, but I found marriages as late as 1979.

Some of the data on Ancestry comes from FreeBMD - and they don't yet have any marriages transcribed for 1966 onwards, and only some data for 1960 - 1965.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline johannah1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 23:17 GMT (UK) »
thank you