Author Topic: Harry Harris  (Read 718 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Harry Harris
« on: Wednesday 19 December 12 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Can someone please help locate Harry Harris on the 1901 census from the 1891 details @ Wood Lane, Stalbridge, Dorset as follows.
Joseph Harris, Head, M, 38, General Labourer, Stalbridge, Dorset
Jane, wife, 34
John, son, 16, ag/lab
Walter J, son, 8
Harry, son, 6
Lucy May, daug, 3
Charles H
All born Stalbridge, Dorset

I have located Joseph and Jane still at Wood Lane on the 1901 with John, Lucy May and Charles H and two additions to the family namely Ethel, daug, born 1893 and Albert, son born 1895.  Harry is not recorded as being at home and I wondered if someone could please help locate him.  Walter J is also missing from the list but it is Harry I am interested in.

Thanks in advance
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Harris
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked the death index's also under Henry  ???
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 14:04 GMT (UK) »
I will send you a pm
regards
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrish
I haven't checked the death index due to him being alive.  Harry was a resident of our village when he enlisted in 1915 and joined the Welsh Regiment.  I am trying to build a picture of him prior to going to war, hence a search of the census but unfortunately I failed to locate him on the 1901.

Regards
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 21:26 GMT (UK) »
I haven't checked the death index due to him being alive.

Fair enough,   :) I only suggested it as you dident mention that you had evidence he was alive after that date originally
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley