Author Topic: 1901 Census  (Read 612 times)

Offline KA

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1901 Census
« on: Wednesday 01 June 05 23:11 BST (UK) »
I've got a mystery.

I'm trying to find an Esther Sainty on the 1901 Census.  She was born c.1837 in Walthamstow/Stratford area.  In 1891 she is living in Leyton, Essex (Westbourne Terrace).  I have found her death registation for 1909, so I know she is still alive in 1901.  But presumably mistranscribed.  She would be a widow.

If anybody can help I would be most grateful.

Kind regards

KA

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 June 05 20:34 BST (UK) »
KA

It might be a possibility that she remarried..........tried all combinations to no avail on your Esther.......and if she did.....Sainty might be mistranscribed?

After looking after the "youngsters" in 1891, you might think they would look after her?......she might have thought otherwise and been glad of a rest?

Anyway in 1901...Percy has married and taken in sister Rose (Rosina in 1891).

William is to be found with Harriet and children.

Both live in Leyton but no Esther!

Regards
Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KA

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 June 05 21:07 BST (UK) »
Bryant,

Thank you for trying.  Esther will have to remain a mystery for the time being.  But nice to know what happened to Rose.  I was wondering who she might be with. Nice to clear that one up.

Regards

KA