Author Topic: Re Langley family  (Read 1360 times)

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re Langley family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 December 12 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rosie and Jennifer, you sure know how to surprise me, I haven't stopped laughing since reading  about Edward and Caroline Martha Cole!!    I suppose Agnes Langley b 1 Oct 1897 is Edward Langley and Charlotte Elms and my Father Reginald Ernest Langley b 10 6 1915.
I wondered where Gwendoline got her second sight from!!
 When Edward Langley  died the children went in a catholic home, Charlotte Langley got them out taking  Lilian Langley/Cole and Reginald Langley to Wales . Lilian lived the rest of her life in Wales, she had the sound of Wales, my Father Reginald and Charlotte Langley nee elms were Londoners!!
I was also pleased to know Gwendolin married Albert Stapleton.
A very surprised Louisa
Well I was surprised that Gwendolin's first child was born in Wales, did she stay with her sister or with Charlotte and her  husband Mr Hopkins, we staid there for a few weeks every summer Hols and with Lilian, never thought of anything except she did not look like my Dad!!

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 December 12 11:41 GMT (UK) »
When Edward left the army in 1917 he gave Charlotte's address as 20 Talbot Grove Notting Hill and his own address as 234 Cornwell Road.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 December 12 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Jennifer,
That 20 Talbot Grove is the address Charlotte put on his birth cert.
The only children I knew about was my Dad, Lilian and Gwendolin aka Queenie.
I know my father spoke about cycling to High School from Dufferin Rhonda quite a few miles away.
As for the Hopkins, he was a widower with : Gladys, Kitty,Margaret,Cyril and Philip.
But as to when she went there, I do not know.
You are a star Jennifer and every one that has helped me along the way.
I hope you all have a very happy Christmas and happy new Year
Louisa

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 December 12 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Jennifer, what a family this is, Charlotte living with Michael Hunt, it tickled me about the monkey and the organ grinder, why did she not go back to him, let him support the children.  I will have a look and see if any children died.
Charlotte wasn't a catholic it came from Edward Langley's mother Agnes Hickey.  They must have been disappointed in Edward !!
Louisa.
Charlotte Langley must have divorced Edward, unless she did not marry until he was dead?

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 December 13 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Jennifer, what a family this is, Charlotte living with Michael Hunt, it tickled me about the monkey and the organ grinder, why did she not go back to him, let him support the children.  I will have a look and see if any children died.
Charlotte wasn't a catholic it came from Edward Langley's mother Agnes Hickey.  They must have been disappointed in Edward !!
Louisa.
Charlotte Langley must have divorced Edward, unless she did not marry until he was dead?
   Langley familey Completed