Author Topic: O'Brien Ballybeg Glin Limerick 1900's  (Read 10440 times)

Offline boston14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'Brien Ballybeg Glin Limerick 1900's
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 17 July 19 20:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Hallmark . Been scrolling through records ,and can`t find a match at the moment .Now I know how to use it I can take my time and search other counties . Just can`t pinpoint an exact match when you don`t know the place where they were born . All the census certs just say `Ireland `in Scotland ,why did none of them know exactly where they were born ? Patrick b 1856 couldn`t write ,just made his mark on the children`s birth certs , only the last one ,my grandfather has his actual signature on it . I  did find one record for a marriage between a Patrick O`brien and Helen Maloney but it was a few years after Patrick b 1856 was born ,in 1865 ,Limerick . I think it was common for couples sometimes to wait a few years when they could afford it ,but have children anyway . But 9  years after ?

Will plod on . It is very good of you and Sinann to take the trouble ,I know how time consuming it can be .
Thanks
EP

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 17 July 19 23:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Hallmark . Been scrolling through records ,and can`t find a match at the moment .Now I know how to use it I can take my time and search other counties . 

It is a great site once one knows how to use it!

Knowing the Districts
for any County is the key to using it thanks to the brilliant website https://www.swilson.info/regdistmap.php it is so much easier!

Hope you can find others you are looking for!

There is always here if you have queries!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline boston14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 18 July 19 07:44 BST (UK) »
Absolutely, I have had many brick walls demolished with help from members !!

EP