Author Topic: Help in Tyberton or Madley please  (Read 2511 times)

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help in Tyberton or Madley please
« on: Sunday 30 December 12 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Herefordshire researchers! 
I am pretty stuck on trying to further investigate my Morgan family tree. I am trying to trace Charles Morgan b.1792 in Tyberton, Herefordshire.  I suspect he would have been baptised in Madely. However, I cannot find any baptism entry for him, well anywhere.  Looking at Tyberton It looks like this area was in the control of the Brydges family of Tyberton Court.  Is there anywhere (besides Herefordshire Archives) that might hold some online information about the History of Tyberton, Manorial Roles, Tyberton or Madley parish records?  Perhaps someone could recommend a good book for instance?  FindMyPast do not have any Herefordshire parish records online.  I have also looked at TNA and although stuff about Tyberton Court you really need to contact Herefordshire Archives but most of the information looks more personal to the Brydges family.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help in Tyberton or Madley please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 January 13 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Found a Charles Morgan baptised 27th November 1791 in Grosmont son of Jas and Mary Morgan, this is about 10 miles? from Tyberton and Madley.

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help in Tyberton or Madley please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 January 13 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the information I had not come across that Charles.  I have been busy since my posting and I have also found a Charles Morgan b. 9 Feb 1792 in Llanrothal.  Which I think, if I calculated correctly is about 19 miles from Tyberton.  Problem is how do I connect either of these two Charles' with Tyberton?  There is also a large cluster of Morgan's (a lot named Charles) in Ross.  Problem is when you look at 1841/1851 census I am not finding any Charles Morgans who are living in Grosmont or Llanrothal in order to "rule them out".  Not even finding any deaths.

I have also been looking at family naming patterns with my Morgan family and trying to think outside the box! Not with any success I may add. 

Thanks again