Author Topic: Frank Burgess BAUER - Emigration & WW2 Military Record Assistance.  (Read 6022 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Burgess BAUER - Emigration & WW2 Military Record Assistance.
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 05 January 23 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Ten years on (can you believe that!) I finally have an update to Margaret Burgess (later Bauer) story!

With the release of the 1921 census I was at long last able to find out where she was born!  Would you believe it! She was born in St Helen's, Lancashire. Therefore Debra's find of that Burgess family is almost certainly correct!

Armed with the new info re place of birth, I started looking into her father's life. I discovered that her father Joseph Burgess was in fact married twice!

He was first married to an Ann Leather on 6th July 1885  at St Mary the Virgin church in Prescot, Lancs. Both were aged 22 years and Joseph a Pattern Maker by trade. Ann Burgess Nee' Leather sadly died in Oct 1888 aged 25 years, with burial taking place at St Thomas church, Eccleston, Lancs on 31st Oct 1888.

Using the GRO Birth Index with mother's maiden surname showing, I found the following birth record:

Burgess, Margaret; Sept Qtr 1887; MMS Leather: Prescot registration district; Volume 8b Page 738. Therefore Joseph Burgess and Ann Leather were Margaret Burgess's parents.

Joseph remarried to Maria Mullen in the June Qtr of 1892 within the Prescot registration district area.

Ii have also now researched the family a few generations back.

My thanks again for all help and assistance with this thread, all very much appreciated.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)